phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:11 am

As of yesterday yes, as of this am no.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 am

We are aware that recently we have been having some periods of slowness and are internally investigating the matter.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

x-15a2
Name: John

Post by x-15a2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 am

phpbb.com is a huge site and I sometimes have difficulty finding specifically what I'm looking for. What I've been looking for is a single page that lists the differences between current phpbb3 (3.0.12) and the upcoming 3.1.x release. Even a What's New page for 3.1.x would be great.
––––––––───────────────────────────────Image

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:47 am

you need to go over to the 3.1 development site at area51.phpbb.com

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:54 am

MichaelC wrote:We are aware that recently we have been having some periods of slowness and are internally investigating the matter.
Thanks. It seems to be working well for me again.

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am

x-15a2 wrote:phpbb.com is a huge site and I sometimes have difficulty finding specifically what I'm looking for. What I've been looking for is a single page that lists the differences between current phpbb3 (3.0.12) and the upcoming 3.1.x release. Even a What's New page for 3.1.x would be great.
This is actually [one of many] changes currently in development in preparation for the 3.1 release. We'll be updating our current features page to be about 3.1's feature set and we are also intending (at this time) to have a page highlighting some of 3.1's most exciting new features. We are also intending to setup a demo similar to https://www.phpbb.com/demo/ for 3.1 so you can try out some of its new features for yourself outside of area51.

In the meantime, you can browse through the pages in https://wiki.phpbb.com/index.php?title= ... Highlights to see the new features divided up by release or looking through the topics in http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=84

Thanks for your feedback. :) If you had any more with regards to what you find difficult to find it would be much appreciated - We are constantly trying to make this sort of thing easier but it's very difficult to identify where navigation etc. is sub-optimal as we use it on a daily basis.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm

phpbb.com Atom and RSS feeds seem to be not found? 404

https://www.phpbb.com/feeds/rss/

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Peter77sx wrote:phpbb.com Atom and RSS feeds seem to be not found? 404

https://www.phpbb.com/feeds/rss/
Thanks for the report, we recently made a major change to our website and this seems to have been a bug that was missed and we are working to resolve it.

If you notice anything else please report it to the website bug tracker.

EDIT: This should now be resolved. :)

x-15a2
Name: John

Post by x-15a2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm

MichaelC wrote:This is actually [one of many] changes currently in development in preparation for the 3.1 release. We'll be updating our current features page to be about 3.1's feature set and we are also intending (at this time) to have a page highlighting some of 3.1's most exciting new features. We are also intending to setup a demo similar to https://www.phpbb.com/demo/ for 3.1 so you can try out some of its new features for yourself outside of area51.

In the meantime, you can browse through the pages in https://wiki.phpbb.com/index.php?title= ... Highlights to see the new features divided up by release or looking through the topics in http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=84

Thanks for your feedback. :) If you had any more with regards to what you find difficult to find it would be much appreciated - We are constantly trying to make this sort of thing easier but it's very difficult to identify where navigation etc. is sub-optimal as we use it on a daily basis.
Thanks for your very thorough answer, the links provided and your future plans, all are very much appreciated. The links have the information I was looking for.
Thanks again!
––––––––───────────────────────────────Image

RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:12 pm

One thing I have noticed that is a slight pain is when I click "View your posts" the results do not include posts in "Customize"(I'm not sure if this is true of other areas?) and I have to manually navigate to my posts there. No biggie, but it seems it would be possible to include those post in the results?

~ Rex

3dit3d for spieling ers
Last edited by RexMundi412 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:31 pm

That wont be really easy, as titania (The system behind the DB) works seperetly from the board, and stores the posts in different tables/constructions
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm

RexMundi412 wrote:One thing I have noticed that is a slight pain is when I click "View you posts" the results do not include posts in "Customize"(I'm not sure if this is true of other areas?) and I have to manually navigate to my posts there. No biggie, but it seems it would be possible to include those post in the results?

~ Rex
As Paul explained it would be quite difficult to combine the two as posts in titania aren't in the same format at phpBB posts. However, whilst we cannot combine the two, we do have a separate egosearch (The name of the search that shows all your posts) for just customisation database posts. If you navigate to the customisation database and look in the top right above the table listing the categories (Modifications, Styles etc.) you can click 'View your posts'.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this helps; if you have any more suggestions please do let us know. :)

RexMundi412

Post by RexMundi412 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks MichaelC, that will save at least a few clicks and loads.

~ Rex

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:41 am

Hello all,

Just out of interest, would you guys be willing to hare info about what version of PHP and MySQL people are running on their servers?

Cheers :)
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Danielx64 wrote:Hello all,

Just out of interest, would you guys be willing to hare info about what version of PHP and MySQL people are running on their servers?

Cheers :)
This is most certainly on the to-do list however it's not quite as simple as it sounds due to factors such as the way we store the data, the huge volume of data we have, how we get accurate data from what we store (avoid one install coming up multiple times etc.).

https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/WEBSITE-1055

Return to “phpBB Discussion”