phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
colnector

Re: Filter language pack by versions

Post by colnector » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:49 am

Riddick wrote:
MichaelC wrote:
colnector wrote:When one goes to the language packs page, all packages are shown, even if not compatible with current phpBB version. Adding a simple filter there so we'd know what's good for our version would provide a better overall look of the packages. Thanks
Indeed, I can see the problem here and agree that it's not great usability in it's current form. I'll raise this internally and see what we can do.

Thanks for your feedback/suggestion. :)
It's always good to get good feedback or suggestions about something even with a product.
Thanks. I do hope for a multi-language single package in the future with the possibility of switching some languages off.

colnector

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by colnector » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:24 am

When I click a link to a reply in a post on the site and prompted to login, the redirection doesn't work well and I always get "The requested topic does not exist." even though it does exist and if I click the original link in the email (now being logged in), I'll be shown the correct topic. As this does NOT happen on our phpBB installation, I'm reporting it here.

mukat4

Post by mukat4 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:04 pm

colnector wrote:When I click a link to a reply in a post on the site and prompted to login, the redirection doesn't work well and I always get "The requested topic does not exist." even though it does exist and if I click the original link in the email (now being logged in), I'll be shown the correct topic. As this does NOT happen on our phpBB installation, I'm reporting it here.

I am experiencing the same behavior. If logged in it redirects correctly if not you get an error message.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:01 am

colnector wrote:When I click a link to a reply in a post on the site and prompted to login, the redirection doesn't work well and I always get "The requested topic does not exist." even though it does exist and if I click the original link in the email (now being logged in), I'll be shown the correct topic. As this does NOT happen on our phpBB installation, I'm reporting it here.
It's a bug in phpBB - see https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13296
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

JBlaze
Name: Jason

Post by JBlaze » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:49 am

In the "Community" dropdown menu, the "Support Forum" link still leads to the 3.0.0 support forums. I know it seems trivial, but since 3.1.0 final has been released, I think there should be a link to the 3.1.0 support forums.

Phillip

Post by Phillip » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:43 pm

JBlaze wrote:In the "Community" dropdown menu, the "Support Forum" link still leads to the 3.0.0 support forums. I know it seems trivial, but since 3.1.0 final has been released, I think there should be a link to the 3.1.0 support forums.
That's true, they should be changed to 3.1.0 I agree. I should have said this before hand.
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch​

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 am

why is this in the title tag of the overall_header.html file here on this site:

(2) phpBB
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:59 am

Notifications
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:13 am

;) seems you are correct. I did have 2 notifications and now that I have read them the (2) is gone.

I wonder why anyone came up with that idea? there doesn't seem to be any logic to that one.

oh well,

robert

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:;) seems you are correct. I did have 2 notifications and now that I have read them the (2) is gone.

I wonder why anyone came up with that idea? there doesn't seem to be any logic to that one.

oh well,

robert
Robert, your web browser has tabs right? That number shows up in the tab and therefore you can see it without being on that tab.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:46 am

thanks, I guess that sorta makes sense. however, I rarely use tabs so I wouldn't notice it being handy for me.
those two notices had been there most of the day I guess and I didn't even notice them. I am still not used to way 3.1 works with notices etc.

thanks,

robert

Ryster092

Post by Ryster092 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:02 pm

The main site's menu needs a bit of work since the release of 3.1. Clicking Community > Support Forums for instance takes you right into the 3.0 Support forum, which might confuse some people.

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm

Ryster092 wrote:The main site's menu needs a bit of work since the release of 3.1. Clicking Community > Support Forums for instance takes you right into the 3.0 Support forum, which might confuse some people.
JBlaze wrote:In the "Community" dropdown menu, the "Support Forum" link still leads to the 3.0.0 support forums. I know it seems trivial, but since 3.1.0 final has been released, I think there should be a link to the 3.1.0 support forums.
Indeed, I'd be completely welcome to that change. Could you please create a ticket in the tracker and we'll get to it soon.

Thanks for the feedback. :)
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

P_I

Post by P_I » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:16 pm

Glitch detected on Download phpBB® 3.1.

If you click the Changelog link (in the bottom box) it current points to https://www.phpbb.com/support/documents ... e784448c5a. Should the sid= be included?

When the link is clicked I get a message

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/phpbb.com/website-current/old/support/documents.php on line 88: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
and the page just displays:

Support with no further details.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Please report that in the bug tracker: https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/WEBSITE/
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”