phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by pikachuturkey »

why at demo page ( https://www.phpbb.com/demo/ ) there is no link for 3.2 version. support of phpbb 3.0 finished. but there is a link for 3.0 demo. and phpbb 3.1 demo version is 3.1.5 :?
pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey »

pikachuturkey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:19 pm why at demo page ( https://www.phpbb.com/demo/ ) there is no link for 3.2 version. support of phpbb 3.0 finished. but there is a link for 3.0 demo. and phpbb 3.1 demo version is 3.1.5 :?
And why is the demo Page (https://www.phpbb.com/demo) is not compatible With mobile browser. (mobile chrome version 56)?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-03-19-01-59-46.png
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

that looks like just another glitch in chrome. there have been a lot of complaints that the latest version of chrome does not work right with phpbb ( and maybe other things as well. )

when you reduce the screen size of that page it is completely responsive and does not exhibit the problem in your image.

robertg
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

pikachuturkey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 pm
pikachuturkey wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:19 pm why at demo page ( https://www.phpbb.com/demo/ ) there is no link for 3.2 version. support of phpbb 3.0 finished. but there is a link for 3.0 demo. and phpbb 3.1 demo version is 3.1.5 :?
And why is the demo Page (https://www.phpbb.com/demo) is not compatible With mobile browser. (mobile chrome version 56)?
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:19 am that looks like just another glitch in chrome.
Same result using Safari on iOS 10.2 on an iPhone 5s. Therefore not a Chrome problem, but a phpbb.com responsive problem.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

pikachuturkey wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:04 pm And why is the demo Page (https://www.phpbb.com/demo) is not compatible With mobile browser. (mobile chrome version 56)?
Because bugs happen? Not sure it was a serious question. Either way if you're finding issues on our site then you should just report them to the website tracker.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Someone might want to review memberlist.php?mode=team because many team members are listed as moderating forums that have been long ago been marked read-only/archived.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

P_I wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:47 pm Someone might want to review memberlist.php?mode=team because many team members are listed as moderating forums that have been long ago been marked read-only/archived.
That's because all team members have moderative permissions in almost all forums, including archived ones and ones that their team doesn't really have anything to do with. All team members can perform certain moderative actions in most forums permissions-wise (which is what this page looks at) but we just decide to let the respective teams handle their respective sections.

That's the set-up we chose for, so in that way the "Moderator" column on the teampage is always slightly misleading. Now we could go and remove those permissions for the archived sections of the board, but to be honest I don't really see the benefit of putting in the time to manually do all that.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

JimA wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:03 am That's the set-up we chose for, so in that way the "Moderator" column on the teampage is always slightly misleading. Now we could go and remove those permissions for the archived sections of the board, but to be honest I don't really see the benefit of putting in the time to manually do all that.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking for some information about the team and did find it misleading, hence my post. I wasn't sure if you were aware that the information had become dated and stale.

If it works the way the team wants behind the scenes all is good and I wouldn't suggest putting in effort to change it. But as new members join and become involved with the community, it's one resource they may use and they could be confused by it.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

just got this:

Code: Select all

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 230558305

Varnish cache server
that seems to happen more often than it used to. board seems much slower to repsond that it used to be.

are we out growing the servers, etc. again?

oh, and after it happens. the icons that show that the post has been read no longer work when I return to the previous page after reading them. that lasts for a while but eventually starts workiing again.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Just got a

Code: Select all

504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time.
when I clicked search.php?search_id=unreadposts

Preview and Submit in posting is slower than normal as well this morning
arifur

Post by arifur »

You guys can do something like wordpress.com and joomla.com does. You can make phpbb.com a free forum hosting for people with limited features and paid users can get all the features like unlimited hosting and extension support, custom domain name etc etc. You get the idea right. Then you can run ads on other peoples forum who use this forum for free. And use phpbb.org as the main community site.
webhostuk

Post by webhostuk »

arifur wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 am You guys can do something like wordpress.com and joomla.com does. You can make phpbb.com a free forum hosting for people with limited features and paid users can get all the features like unlimited hosting and extension support, custom domain name etc etc. You get the idea right. Then you can run ads on other peoples forum who use this forum for free. And use phpbb.org as the main community site.
Well said.. its really a good suggestion to think about.
WebhostUK.Co.UK | Best UK web Hosting
Webhost.US.Com | Best US Web Hosting
99.99% guaranteed uptime with 24/7 support
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Already tried and canned (forumatic).
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 10:08 am Already tried and canned (forumatic).
arifur wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 am You can make phpbb.com a free forum hosting
Forumatic wasn't free was it?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

It had a free tier.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Return to “phpBB Discussion”