phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Paul »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am When is the ideas forum going to start using NRG? There is spam being posted in there almost every day.
It is a bug in ideas which has already been fixed, but we currently experience trouble updating some parts of the website and due to that we can't update idea's to the newest version. Hopefully fixed this week.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

david63 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am When is the ideas forum going to start using NRG? There is spam being posted in there almost every day.
What is NRG?
I've searched on phpBB , Google and Wikipedia but can't find anything remotely relevant (expect by name perhaps National Routeing Guide,but that turns out to be a document defining the validity of UK rail tickets, so again no hit ;) )
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

warmweer wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 amNRG
It's a phpBB special term - short form of "newly registered group"
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

canonknipser wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am
warmweer wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 amNRG
It's a phpBB special term - short form of "newly registered group"
OMG why didn't I think of that? Thanks, one to add to my list of acronyms .
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Is there any way to browse the Ideas centre as regular topics? Or at least the viewforum part?

I'd like to see a list of all open ideas (unfiltered) simply sorted by the latest reply. I now see (for example) a reply to SEO Urls idea in the board index but when I open up the ideas centre itself it's hard to even find that topic/idea.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You mean like going to ideas and clicking the "All open ideas" button?
Ger

Post by Ger »

Brf wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm You mean like going to ideas and clicking the "All open ideas" button?
No, that simply shows a list sorted by starting date, not reply date.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

No chance, even viewforum.php?f=436&sk=t&sd=d redirects to the forced idea listing despite not supporting the wanted sortkey. I guess whoever implemented it wanted to avoid questions and answers like "why don't I see likes and unlikes?" - "because you're listing it as a forum, not as ideas".
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Big Mac
Name: David Shepheard

Post by Big Mac »

The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 23.47.40.jpg
I wrote a support topic about having problems getting a custom BBCode (that worked in 3.0.x) to work with 3.2.x and got confused when a moderator moved the topic to a 3.1 subforum. There are several other people who have been confused by also having their topics moved into a 3.1 subforum.

Please would you do something to make this less confusing. (Maybe having a 3.2 forum or at the very least renaming the subforum to call it something like "[3.2.x] and [3.1.x] Custom BBCode Development and Requests".)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I made a request for it to be moved to a more logical location.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Mannix_ wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
Try it now. Awhile back a flood of spammers signed up using it. I banned it to stop that barrage.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

bonelifer wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm
Mannix_ wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
Try it now. Awhile back a flood of spammers signed up using it. I banned it to stop that barrage.
It worked thank you for the assistance bonelifer
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Big Mac wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:

I wrote a support topic about having problems getting a custom BBCode (that worked in 3.0.x) to work with 3.2.x and got confused when a moderator moved the topic to a 3.1 subforum. There are several other people who have been confused by also having their topics moved into a 3.1 subforum.

Please would you do something to make this less confusing. (Maybe having a 3.2 forum or at the very least renaming the subforum to call it something like "[3.2.x] and [3.1.x] Custom BBCode Development and Requests".)
This has been resolved now by putting the BBCode forum into the main Support Forums category. Thanks for making us aware of this! :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Big Mac
Name: David Shepheard

Post by Big Mac »

Mick wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am I made a request for it to be moved to a more logical location.
...and...
JimA wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am
Big Mac wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:

This has been resolved now by putting the BBCode forum into the main Support Forums category. Thanks for making us aware of this! :)
Thanks Mick and JimA.

I found another thing that looks like it could do with a bit of improvement.

I was looking in the Customisation Database at the Styles section (for some styles that work with 3.2. I noticed that there are some styles there that appear to only work with 3.0 (for example World of Warcraft: Alliance, Serenity or Hestia).

I'm wondering if those styles are now depricated and could be moved somewhere else.

Or if, maybe people could search specifically for styles designed for 3.1 or 3.2 and find only the styles that will work for the version of phpBB they have. (The same sort of thing could apply to the other things in the Customisation Database.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Return to “phpBB Discussion”