phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Leafy

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Leafy »

DavidIQ wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:Correction: I've just been informed that it appears prosilver SE is basically a port of the color scheme we have here. So the issue looks to be something we need to fix. Please file a bug report in the tracker and someone on the Website Team will be happy to look into it.

Thanks.
Done :) https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/WEBSITE-1205
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the instructions here are incorrect:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/
they do not tell you to remove the config.php file from the new 3.1 package before you upload it.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
truBlitz
Name: Rich

phpbb.com Minor Error

Post by truBlitz »

phpbb.jpg
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Darcie Griffin

Post by darcie »

I've merged your post into our existing feedback topic. Would you please report this and any other bugs to our tracker, now that it's back up as of today? http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/website/
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
Lumpy Burgertushie

I just noticed that the userguide has a pretty big mistake:

it does not tell them to delete the blank config.php file from the new install files before uploading .
this, as we all know, will overwrite the existing config.php file with a blank one.

thanks,
robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I just noticed that the userguide has a pretty big mistake:

it does not tell them to delete the blank config.php file from the new install files before uploading .
this, as we all know, will overwrite the existing config.php file with a blank one.

thanks,
robert
Thanks. I've reported this to the documentation tracker[1] and I'm sure it will be handled in that ticket[1] soon.

[1] https://github.com/phpbb/documentation/issues/17
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

I don't know if anyone else has notice this.

Today I notice there were two notifications, but the number of notifications only show "1" and I haven't changed my settings for notifications in UCP before (perhaps I did, but I forgot if I did that) nor have I neither subscribed any thread(s) since I joined here almost 2 years ago.

Any ideas what's causing this?
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Ancient Viking wrote:I don't know if anyone else has notice this.

Today I notice there were two notifications, but the number of notifications only show "1" and I haven't changed my settings for notifications in UCP before (perhaps I did, but I forgot if I did that) nor have I neither subscribed any thread(s) since I joined here almost 2 years ago.

Most likely being notified of someone QUOTING you in a post. You can modify your notifications preferences here: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options As for the other problem, the COUNT is for ones that haven't been marked read. So you could have (1), but have more than one in the panel. The count is only for those that haven't been seen, so you know to look at the Notifications panel.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

bonelifer wrote:
Ancient Viking wrote:I don't know if anyone else has notice this.

Most likely being notified of someone QUOTING you in a post. You can modify your notifications preferences here: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options As for the other problem, the COUNT is for ones that haven't been marked read. So you could have (1), but have more than one in the panel. The count is only for those that haven't been seen, so you know to look at the Notifications panel.
I changed the settings after I become aware of having two notifications not one. So I had no idea there were two notifications before I even view the notification(s) list in UCP via the quick menu at the menu bar on the top.

Another thing is that I'm pretty sure that I didn't touch the notification settings after the phpBB board had been upgraded to phpBB 3.1 or before/after the hacker attack a week before Christmas.

This puzzles me to say at least. :?
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Notifications are enabled by default out of the box in 3.1 so a notification can be about a quote, a PM, a reply to a subscribed topic, or a new topic in a subscribed forum. Really nothing has been changed in people's settings after the upgrade, during, or after the hack. That you just now noticed the number in the page title could be a result of tab size as it can be pushed off of it if the tab is too small.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Since the site was converted to 3.1 I have found a small glitch.

I don't stay logged in and my browser is set to clear cookies & tmp files on exit but most times I visit this site now I don't see the login form at the bottom of the index page and at the top, where it should have the login link, it has logout instead (see image).
phpbb-logout.jpg
phpbb-logout.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
When I refresh the page it clears and shows the login link & form as it should. It's not every visit but it happens more often than not.
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

Pond Life wrote:Since the site was converted to 3.1 I have found a small glitch.

I don't stay logged in and my browser is set to clear cookies & tmp files on exit but most times I visit this site now I don't see the login form at the bottom of the index page and at the top, where it should have the login link, it has logout instead (see image).
phpbb-logout.jpg
When I refresh the page it clears and shows the login link & form as it should. It's not every visit but it happens more often than not.
Thanks for reporting this issue :). It's come up before and we are aware of it/actively trying to fix it but unfortunately it's quite hard to diagnose, hence the delay in fixing it.

Sorry for any confusion caused.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

A quick website consistency question, under phpBB 3.0.x, in both the Modifications and Styles sub-forums, the first sub-forum is 'Database releases'. In the phpBB 3.1.x, in the Extensions sub-forum this ordering is also followed.

The one of these things is not like the others outlier is the 3.1.x Styles Forums, which has the Database Releases sub-forum shown last. Any reason that this one is different? If not, any reason it couldn't be rearranged?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Lumpy Burgertushie

why does it matter what order they are in?

robert

advocatus

Post by advocatus »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:why does it matter what order they are in?

robert
I noticed it, too. These things bother some people.
Hi, I'm advocatus and I own www.forumgames.in.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”