phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
hd321kbps
Name: Igor Marchuk

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by hd321kbps »

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... lk/support
Bug Post -1
11.jpg
If you go to an Unread topic
22.jpg
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

That was reported one or two pages back and in our actual bug tracker. Thanks though.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
ScottyPC

Post by ScottyPC »

DavidIQ wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:16 pm
ScottyPC wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm
Boardtalk.net wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:56 pm Do you know what would be handy? A proper place for Custom BB Codes as apposed to the one thread and may I point out that is has 347,057 views and 2,909 replies. Am sure there’s a few good BBCodes in there but I’d be afraid I’d never find my way out of there. :shock:
Yes, this is one area that would be great to have for quick reference. Took me quite a bit of searching not only this site but the entire internet to find the youtube custom bbcode. Once found it was simple to implement. I am still searching for a few custom bbcodes for things like, avi, mpeg4 and pdf. None of these are deal breakers for me, but if they exist would be great to find all in one place, easily. Perhaps keep a locked post of known working custom bbcodes and a separate unlocked post for other's to contribute...those contributions could then be verified when time allows and posted into the locked post. That would keep the locked post nice and clean. ;)
I'd like to point out that you've somehow picked a seven year old currently irrelevant post from the middle of a 659 post topic. There has been an entire section for custom BBCodes in the Customisations Database for quite a few years now.
Yes...sorry about the age of the original post - but of the 8 video bbcodes listed all showed for phpbb3.0 - so- just sayin'. Anyway was just trying to help...slinking away now.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Not sure if this is intended, but it's still possible to post in the discussion tab for released modifications. For example: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... 6?p=537381

Since it's a MOD, it is only for 3.0, which is not supported anymore. Should this not be the same for modifications for this release?
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Ger wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 am Not sure if this is intended, but it's still possible to post in the discussion tab for released modifications. For example: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... 6?p=537381

Since it's a MOD, it is only for 3.0, which is not supported anymore. Should this not be the same for modifications for this release?
It's pretty much intended. At the moment there's no way to make any individual contribution type section of the CDB read-only. It's all or nothing, i.e. we can disable creation of topics and replies for all contribution types, but not for individual contribution types. Not sure we will invest any time in changing that either since this is only an issue for MODs.
Ger

Post by Ger »

I understand.

Is it than possible to set the "No support provided" checkbox for all contributions in the modifications category? I can't edit that MOD now since it's impossible to set the contribution type and category (which are required).
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Ger wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:15 pm I understand.

Is it than possible to set the "No support provided" checkbox for all contributions in the modifications category? I can't edit that MOD now since it's impossible to set the contribution type and category (which are required).
Sure. All MODs have been updated to reflect their "No support provided" status. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Great, thanks!
My extensions:

RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

DavidIQ wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:03 pm
Ger wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:15 pm I understand.

Sure. All MODs have been updated to reflect their "No support provided" status. Thanks for the suggestion.
Can the support areas for the mods be locked down too? No new posts or whatever.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

RMcGirr83 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:27 am Can the support areas for the mods be locked down too? No new posts or whatever.
DavidIQ wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 pm At the moment there's no way to make any individual contribution type section of the CDB read-only. It's all or nothing
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Then I choose all especially given the fact that they are all marked as no longer supported.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

All as in all contribution types (MODs, styles, extensions, etc.). There is a single permission that would apply to all of these.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

:( Well I guess I just have to deal with nubs then.
DavidIQ

Post by DavidIQ »

Yeah, sorry. If one of you would like to create a ticket for this in the Customisations DB tracker I might get to it later, after the more pressing issues are resolved. :ugeek:
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

I've also observed the problem reported in:
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:12 am and, your image did not post.

robert

and, now it did.

robert
I've intermittently been finding when reading posts that an image does not appear properly in the post, and I think it is a problem with the camo extension being used here.

The post he was referring to was viewtopic.php?p=14661956#p14661956 which contains the image coded as

Code: Select all

[img]https://camo.phpbb.com/e6dba7605019b2ba3136d4355f8b8ab95cb268de/687474703a2f2f7265732e636c6f7564696e6172792e636f6d2f6c723237366a7a35302f696d6167652f75706c6f61642f76313438373435353537302f6578616d706c655f6934746d666a2e6a7067[/img]
which should display as:
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams

Return to “phpBB Discussion”