phpBB.com Website Feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
User avatar
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 24588
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Paul » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am

david63 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am
When is the ideas forum going to start using NRG? There is spam being posted in there almost every day.
It is a bug in ideas which has already been fixed, but we currently experience trouble updating some parts of the website and due to that we can't update idea's to the newest version. Hopefully fixed this week.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by warmweer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 am

david63 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am
When is the ideas forum going to start using NRG? There is spam being posted in there almost every day.
What is NRG?
I've searched on phpBB , Google and Wikipedia but can't find anything remotely relevant (expect by name perhaps National Routeing Guide,but that turns out to be a document defining the validity of UK rail tickets, so again no hit ;) )
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
canonknipser
Registered User
Posts: 1593
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:16 am
Location: Germany
Name: Frank Jakobs
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by canonknipser » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am

warmweer wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 am
NRG
It's a phpBB special term - short form of "newly registered group"
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

User avatar
warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 992
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Belt ... well actually Belgium

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by warmweer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:03 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am
warmweer wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:16 am
NRG
It's a phpBB special term - short form of "newly registered group"
OMG why didn't I think of that? Thanks, one to add to my list of acronyms .
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

User avatar
Ger
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: 192.168.1.100
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Ger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Is there any way to browse the Ideas centre as regular topics? Or at least the viewforum part?

I'd like to see a list of all open ideas (unfiltered) simply sorted by the latest reply. I now see (for example) a reply to SEO Urls idea in the board index but when I open up the ideas centre itself it's hard to even find that topic/idea.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

User avatar
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 51302
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Brf » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm

You mean like going to ideas and clicking the "All open ideas" button?

User avatar
Ger
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: 192.168.1.100
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Ger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Brf wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:28 pm
You mean like going to ideas and clicking the "All open ideas" button?
No, that simply shows a list sorted by starting date, not reply date.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

User avatar
AmigoJack
Registered User
Posts: 5311
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am
Location: グリーン ヒル ゾーン
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 am

No chance, even viewforum.php?f=436&sk=t&sd=d redirects to the forced idea listing despite not supporting the wanted sortkey. I guess whoever implemented it wanted to avoid questions and answers like "why don't I see likes and unlikes?" - "because you're listing it as a forum, not as ideas".
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████

User avatar
Big Mac
Registered User
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am
Location: London, UK
Name: David Shepheard
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Big Mac » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm

The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 23.47.40.jpg
I wrote a support topic about having problems getting a custom BBCode (that worked in 3.0.x) to work with 3.2.x and got confused when a moderator moved the topic to a 3.1 subforum. There are several other people who have been confused by also having their topics moved into a 3.1 subforum.

Please would you do something to make this less confusing. (Maybe having a 3.2 forum or at the very least renaming the subforum to call it something like "[3.2.x] and [3.1.x] Custom BBCode Development and Requests".)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard

User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 19951
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Mick » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

I made a request for it to be moved to a more logical location.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

User avatar
Mannix_
Registered User
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Mannix_ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My CDB contributions . Like my work? Want me to do make a style just for you? PM here or on twitter.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Need some graphics? PM here or on twitter.

User avatar
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3393
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:35 pm
Name: William
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by bonelifer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Mannix_ wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm
Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
Try it now. Awhile back a flood of spammers signed up using it. I banned it to stop that barrage.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Image
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

User avatar
Mannix_
Registered User
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:56 pm
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Mannix_ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:51 pm

bonelifer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm
Mannix_ wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:29 pm
Why can't we use @protonmail.com domain for email? I tried to change mine and it wouldn't let me do it.
Try it now. Awhile back a flood of spammers signed up using it. I banned it to stop that barrage.
It worked thank you for the assistance bonelifer
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My CDB contributions . Like my work? Want me to do make a style just for you? PM here or on twitter.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Need some graphics? PM here or on twitter.

User avatar
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Posts: 7344
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 am
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by JimA » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am

Big Mac wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm
The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 23.47.40.jpg

I wrote a support topic about having problems getting a custom BBCode (that worked in 3.0.x) to work with 3.2.x and got confused when a moderator moved the topic to a 3.1 subforum. There are several other people who have been confused by also having their topics moved into a 3.1 subforum.

Please would you do something to make this less confusing. (Maybe having a 3.2 forum or at the very least renaming the subforum to call it something like "[3.2.x] and [3.1.x] Custom BBCode Development and Requests".)
This has been resolved now by putting the BBCode forum into the main Support Forums category. Thanks for making us aware of this! :)
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

User avatar
Big Mac
Registered User
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am
Location: London, UK
Name: David Shepheard
Contact:

Re: phpBB.com Website Feedback

Post by Big Mac » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Mick wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am
I made a request for it to be moved to a more logical location.
...and...
JimA wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am
Big Mac wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm
The [3.2.x] Support Forum is missing two sections that the [3.1.x] Support Forum has:
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 23.47.40.jpg

I wrote a support topic about having problems getting a custom BBCode (that worked in 3.0.x) to work with 3.2.x and got confused when a moderator moved the topic to a 3.1 subforum. There are several other people who have been confused by also having their topics moved into a 3.1 subforum.

Please would you do something to make this less confusing. (Maybe having a 3.2 forum or at the very least renaming the subforum to call it something like "[3.2.x] and [3.1.x] Custom BBCode Development and Requests".)
This has been resolved now by putting the BBCode forum into the main Support Forums category. Thanks for making us aware of this! :)
Thanks Mick and JimA.

I found another thing that looks like it could do with a bit of improvement.

I was looking in the Customisation Database at the Styles section (for some styles that work with 3.2. I noticed that there are some styles there that appear to only work with 3.0 (for example World of Warcraft: Alliance, Serenity or Hestia).

I'm wondering if those styles are now depricated and could be moved somewhere else.

Or if, maybe people could search specifically for styles designed for 3.1 or 3.2 and find only the styles that will work for the version of phpBB they have. (The same sort of thing could apply to the other things in the Customisation Database.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canonknipser and 31 guests