[EVENT] [SAT 29th JAN 2011 MANCHESTER, NORTH ENGLAND] phpBB Meetup

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
samengland
Name: Sam England

Re: [SAT 29th JAN 2011 MANCHESTER, NORTH ENGLAND] phpBB Meet

Post by samengland » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Not a problem mate - I understand completely (my uni does the same with exams on Saturdays sometimes!). I will make sure any future meetup happens further North too :)
We're looking for phpBB experts and PHP developers for an exciting new UK start-up - go to PostDesk.com if you'd like to be involved as a founding developer.

Truemedia

Post by Truemedia » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm still hoping to make it, but mite have to cancel at last second due to late pay day :?. I'll let you know regardless but I'm tryna find a way around it before end of this week.

Also I'm fine with all the arrangements and have all the information I need to go, so hopefully I can make it.
PM me about any topics I have made if you have any questions about them. I'm available for paid hire on creating mods and styles for phpBB, or configuration/installation - PM for quote
Other open source project forums I'm on: Area51

samengland

Post by samengland » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:46 am

Just 3 days to go until the event now - remember if you have any last minute suggestions you can make them here. Follow the official Twitter account for updates on the day (@phpBBNorth) and remember to register at http://phpbbnorth.eventbrite.com/. Equally if for some reason you won't be able to attend, please let me know :)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday :)
We're looking for phpBB experts and PHP developers for an exciting new UK start-up - go to PostDesk.com if you'd like to be involved as a founding developer.

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Name: Mark Barnes

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Just booked train and hotel so I'll be there. Due to arrive at 11.59 on Saturday although you never know with the railways ;).

If anybody is looking for a hotel I'd recommend having a look at Britannia Hotels' website - they've got some Manchester hotels at £19.99 for room only, probably the cheapest around. I'm booked in Britannia Manchester on Saturday night.

Mark

samengland

Post by samengland » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 am

Excellent! I wouldnt worry about the time although if you know you're going to be significantly late its not a problem - just give me a call/text on the number in the email I sent out.

It would be good to know how many others are booking hotels so I know whether to as well! How much did you get a room in the Britannia hotel for Mark? Premier Inn are always a safe bet too though from what I can see it's £80-100 per night central Manchester.

samengland

Post by samengland » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 am

Britannia hotel is £19.99 down from £139.00 - at first sight this looks good but reading reviews on Trip Advisor it seems it might not be the best of places to stay - though I suppose if you want to save some money it can't be too bad for a night :)

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:46 am

I paid £19.99 for room only there. I've stayed in them before and while it clearly isn't five star accomodation if you are just using the room to sleep in and leave the day after you can't beat the price really, especially for a city centre hotel.

Mark

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm

MarkTheDaemon wrote:Just booked train and hotel so I'll be there. Due to arrive at 11.59 on Saturday although you never know with the railways ;).
Guess you're on the same train as me then.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

samengland

Post by samengland » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah the 11.59 is the CrossCountry train - are you joining it at Birmingham? I was going to get that train but I'm probably getting the one before it now.

ToonArmy
Former Team Member

Post by ToonArmy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:54 am

samengland wrote:Yeah the 11.59 is the CrossCountry train - are you joining it at Birmingham? I was going to get that train but I'm probably getting the one before it now.
Yeah joining at BHM.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 pm

ToonArmy wrote:
samengland wrote:Yeah the 11.59 is the CrossCountry train - are you joining it at Birmingham? I was going to get that train but I'm probably getting the one before it now.
Yeah joining at BHM.
Ditto :)

Mark

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 am

So, iam ready to take the train here in a few minutes. Hope to see you guys in a few hours :D
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

samengland

Post by samengland » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 am

Sounds great. I'm getting the train too in a minute - follow @phpBB North on Twitter for more updates throughout the day.

I'm aware of the NUS/UCU rally today in Manchester - just to let everyone know that this shouldn't be affecting our day at all - and out evening venue is slightly up-market so shouldn't be overly loud this evening anyway.

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 am

On the train to Manchester via change at Crewe. Arriving around 11:50 :)

ToonArmy
Former Team Member

Post by ToonArmy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

I'm in Starbucks at the station waiting for people.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub

Return to “phpBB Discussion”