phpBB Weekly Episode #163

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

phpBB Weekly Episode #163

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:14 am

Hello,

Sam and I are proud to announce the release of phpBB Weekly Episode #163, originally scheduled for released on Sept. 18, 2010 but delayed due to some technical issues regarding our taking over of phpBB Weekly's website -- this episode will be posted on phpBBWeekly.net in the near future.

This episode provides a (final) recap of Libertyvasion and what it means to the end user (that means you!). Sam also gives a recap of the phpBB 3.1 Hooks System and how one can get involved in phpBB's development process.

As this is the first phpBB Weekly release under new management, please do go easy on the new hosts ;) If you have any questions or comments regarding our discussion, or would like to suggest a topic for the next episode, please do so in this topic; if you would like to be a guest on a future episode and discuss something pertaining to phpBB that interests you, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Enjoy the episode!
-Phil and Sam

You may download phpBB Weekly Episode #163 here.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: phpBB Weekly Episode #163

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:26 am

/me starts downloading,
pretty interested to hear what you guys made of it :)
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Thanks
Congrats on your first episode as the new hosts. ;)
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Seamless transition to the new show, a really good listen. :)

Not sure next time we need to listen through the full 1 minute+ theme tune before the show kicks in, and I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say we'd love to see some kind of MOD / Style of the week back :P .

Otherwise, top stuff. :)

wadie
Name: Wadie

Post by wadie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Just brilliant !! :mrgreen:

Keep it up.
Christian 2.0 wrote:Seamless transition to the new show, a really good listen. :)

Not sure next time we need to listen through the full 1 minute+ theme tune before the show kicks in, and I'm sure I don't speak for myself when I say we'd love to see some kind of MOD / Style of the week back :P .

I second that. ;)
Need a custom style made ? want me to install a MOD for you ? Contact me here.

Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

Post by Sam » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Christian 2.0 wrote:Seamless transition to the new show, a really good listen. :)

That was my fault . :D I didn't mean to do the longer version, I guess we can fix that for next time.

nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Post by nuckfan15 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Nice Job! :)
Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:31 pm

One idea for the podcast (if it wasn't already considered) is to discuss interesting and/or highly replied to topics on the phpBB Board. This can be a topic anywhere from open discussion Board to one of the support Boards.

Another idea to cover other open-source software that may be indirectly related to phpBB. For example software that can be utilized for a mod, etc.

Just throwing some things out there... :)

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Another idea is to make the podcast easier to find here on phpBB. Unless someone know about this topic how else would they know about the podcast?

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:41 pm

keith10456 wrote:Another idea is to make the podcast easier to find here on phpBB. Unless someone know about this topic how else would they know about the podcast?
The podcast will be promoted more in the future after we have established a backlog of several episodes recorded by Sam and myself.

That being said, it is not an "official" podcast by any means, and as such won't receive any prominent placing or anything like that. It is, at its core, phpBB's community podcast, and therefore a topic in the community seems to fit quite well.

statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

<rant>
That is one thing I have never understood having been a long time listener of this podcast. What is SOOO wrong with calling it the official podcast? I mean now that its even all done by staff theres even more reason to not call it the unofficial podcast. Whats the big deal? Are there requirements that are so hard to accomplish to be allow to be called the official one. I would think if the hosts are staff that its pretty safe to call it the official podcast. I know the "original" official podcast didn't do well but that could very well of been the content or competition by this podcast or many other things.
</rant>

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 pm

It is not the official podcast as we have no desire for it to be the official podcast--that the podcast is hosted by two team members at this point in time is merely a triviality. The fact of the matter is that it is hosted by two community members who happen to quite like phpBB (hence why we are also team members). That being said, the podcast has no "official" link with phpBB--no insider information, no secrets, no anything. It's not formally endorsed by the project in any way, and to be honest I have no interest in it being so in the future either. It's simply something that Sam and I chose to take charge of because we enjoy doing it, nothing more.

statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Is there some kind of stigma over being called official? You can be called official and have no insider info or have anything change whatsoever. You can still be doing it because you enjoy it and be called official. I just don't see the problem. But, ok..

I am glad you two are willing to put forth the effort to keep the podcast going.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”