phpBB Weekly Episode #163

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: phpBB Weekly Episode #163

Post by Phil » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 pm

"Official" implies that the podcast is somehow sponsored by or involved with the project in some sort of capacity--it is not. Using the term "official" would therefore be incorrect.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:39 am

I have been waiting for the new flavour of this podcast to be released thank you so much for doing so.

I will have a listen to it later and let you guys know what I think!

The only thing I would like to be able to do is to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes again like I was able to previously so that the newest downloads are added to iTunes for me. Is this possible?

I understand if this is not possible as yet if you are still having technical difficulties but it would be good especially for those that haven't yet found this thread!

Anyhow keep up the good work!

Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Although phpBB3.1 has been discussed quite a bit in detail so far, I did enjoy the recap. I'm also glad to hear that 4.0 isn't headed our way for a while now. :P Glad that the show is back. :)
My phpBB3 styles: 610nm, Cerulean, CoDFaction, DarkFantasy, GuildWarsAlliance, twilightBB
http://www.gamexe.net

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:39 am

wired076 wrote:I have been waiting for the new flavour of this podcast to be released thank you so much for doing so.

The only thing I would like to be able to do is to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes again like I was able to previously so that the newest downloads are added to iTunes for me. Is this possible?

I understand if this is not possible as yet if you are still having technical difficulties but it would be good especially for those that haven't yet found this thread!

We intend to publish future uploads using the old phpBB Weekly website -- this will include the RSS feed which will be syndicated via iTunes.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Phil wrote:
wired076 wrote:I have been waiting for the new flavour of this podcast to be released thank you so much for doing so.

We intend to publish future uploads using the old phpBB Weekly website -- this will include the RSS feed which will be syndicated via iTunes.
That's great news!

I have now listened to this ep and it was quite good well done guys, a few minor issues as you guys are well aware in the recording that should hopefully be easy fixes for the next ep!

I look forward to the next issue!

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:25 am

statm wrote:Is there some kind of stigma over being called official? You can be called official and have no insider info or have anything change whatsoever. You can still be doing it because you enjoy it and be called official. I just don't see the problem. But, ok..

I am glad you two are willing to put forth the effort to keep the podcast going.
We like the idea that there are projects focusing on phpBB that are not part of the core phpBB Team. We also like the idea that we can promote some of these independent projects.

While the Podcast is now hosted by team members and will find a home here on http://www.phpbb.com, we'd like to see most of the independence preserved. This episode was published to the team at the same time as it was published to the rest of the community. In fact, I have not heard it yet. If it was the "official podcast", then we would have to check every episode for accuracy before it was published and it would probably lose some of its flair in the process.

Ultimately, it's just a title, and such things are mostly irrelevant. We'll see how well the unofficial status works out in the future :)
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

statm
Name: Matt

Post by statm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks for explaining it further Yuriy. Makes plenty of sense now..

naderman
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Nils Adermann

Post by naderman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:22 pm

To add to what Yuriy said, I don't understand the obsession with something being official or unofficial, can't it just be "the podcast"? Does it need to be official or unofficial? Why does it even matter either way ...
I appreciate gifts from my Amazon wishlist.
naderman.de twitter: @naderman

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

When is the next episode going to be released? It has been a few weeks...
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

Phil
Former Team Member

Post by Phil » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:09 am

Unknown Bliss wrote:When is the next episode going to be released? It has been a few weeks...
The next episode is available now.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”