phpBB Blog

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Christy
Name: Christy

phpBB Blog

Post by Christy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Hello,

I'm just wondering how you guys have your blog set up, is it a MOD or how does it work? I think it is very cool looking so I'm just wondering.

Thanks

Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Re: phpBB Blog

Post by Noxwizard » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:58 pm

It's just a normal WordPress installation with a custom theme. We did hack it a bit to add colored usernames and comment links pointing to the forum.
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.

Christy
Name: Christy

Post by Christy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Okay, thanks Nox!

Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 am

Hi Nozwizard,

I wonder if phpbb would release a basic version of the wordpress style used on this site? It would be a great head start for users who also have both a phpbb forum and WP-blog and want to integrate the style of both into their site.

Pretty please… :)

Thanks,
;)

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:47 am

Boardtalk.net wrote:Hi Nozwizard,

I wonder if phpbb would release a basic version of the wordpress style used on this site? It would be a great head start for users who also have both a phpbb forum and WP-blog and want to integrate the style of both into their site.

Thanks,
;)
They won't do that but i am working on a theme for wordpress that let you use your phpbb style. It should be out soon
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:43 am

That would be great Daniel and much appreciated. Is the style going to be similar to prosilver in looks? :)

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am

Boardtalk.net wrote:That would be great Daniel and much appreciated. Is the style going to be similar to prosilver in looks? :)
Yes it will be. You will be able enter your board url and style id and have your blog look the same as the style that your using.

I will be making a list on what phpbb style will work.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Name: Andreas Fischer

Post by bantu » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:54 pm

*Daniel wrote:
Boardtalk.net wrote:Hi Nozwizard,

Thanks,
;)
They won't do that but i am working on a theme for wordpress that let you use your phpbb style. It should be out soon
It's not like we haven't already done this for the phpBB style ... http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=3 ;-)
Powered by Coffee

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:02 pm

that is just for phpbb. they are talking about a wp style that is the same. just like someone did for this site's blog. somebody had to create a wp theme to match the one used here.

I agree, matching wp and phpbb themes would certainly be nice. most of the ones out there are rather pricey.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 pm

*Daniel wrote:Yes it will be. You will be able enter your board url and style id and have your blog look the same as the style that your using.
Sounds exactly what I’m looking for, thanks Daniel I look forward to seeing this.
bantu wrote:It's not like we haven't already done this for the phpBB style ...
It would be brilliant if the Wordpress version was also realised and its much appreciated the phpbb forum style is already available.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I agree, matching wp and phpbb themes would certainly be nice. most of the ones out there are rather pricey.
And it would be great for someone like me who wants to make a custom forum style from prosilver and have WP fit the look too. :D

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 am

Just keeping everyone updated on what going on, I'm waiting for my wordpress theme to be approved so that it can be included on wordpress.org.

Several things,

If your going to edit the phpbb style, you will need to keep all the class name and so on the same because this theme rely the default class name in prosilver.

This mean that if you change say ".offline" to ".useroffline" in your phpbb style it won't work correctly (unless you edit the wordpress theme as well).

Now even if my "about to be realsed" doesn't work correctly with your phpbb theme, it no the end of the world. All is needed is a little code editing on my side and that should do it.

People who use prosilver SE (same as PHPBB forum) will not be left in the dark as I have included support for it as well.

Please keep those questions/comments coming :)

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

That's good to know and will keep it in mind thanks a million. :D
When you pop the Dev style up will you link to it here in this topic so I can keep track.
Cheers

_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:03 pm

*Daniel wrote:Just keeping everyone updated on what going on, I'm waiting for my wordpress theme to be approved so that it can be included on wordpress.org.

Several things,

If your going to edit the phpbb style, you will need to keep all the class name and so on the same because this theme rely the default class name in prosilver.

This mean that if you change say ".offline" to ".useroffline" in your phpbb style it won't work correctly (unless you edit the wordpress theme as well).

Now even if my "about to be realsed" doesn't work correctly with your phpbb theme, it no the end of the world. All is needed is a little code editing on my side and that should do it.

People who use prosilver SE (same as PHPBB forum) will not be left in the dark as I have included support for it as well.

Please keep those questions/comments coming :)
Looking forward to the release. It is very difficult to fit into a wordpress theme based on prosilver.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 am

Well today I have change my main blog to using this new theme even though I'm waiting for wordpress to approve it so that it get put in their theme database.

The forum is not fully setup just yet.

Demo: http://danielx64.com/
Forum: http://forums.danielx64.com/

While it not 100% matching, I feel that is a good as it can be.

Update: I've posted some pictures as well :)
Attachments
prosilver blog.png
prosilver blog.png (230.54 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
prosilver forum.png
prosilver forum.png (224.93 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
prosilver SE blog.png
prosilver SE blog.png (238.59 KiB) Viewed 4234 times
prosilver SE forum.png
prosilver SE forum.png (241.69 KiB) Viewed 4234 times

Boardtalk.net

Post by Boardtalk.net » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:24 am

Wow, Wow, wow!!
Danial, that looks GREAT! And am delighted that your trying to get it validated by the WP people, brilliant work. I can’t believe my luck that someone was already so far advanced on getting the WP theme up and running.
Thanks so much for sharing. :D :D

Return to “phpBB Discussion”