phpBB Blog

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
HansZimmer

Re: phpBB Blog

Post by HansZimmer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 am

Danielx64 wrote:
Boardtalk.net wrote:Hi Nozwizard,

I wonder if phpbb would release a basic version of the wordpress style used on this site? It would be a great head start for users who also have both a phpbb forum and WP-blog and want to integrate the style of both into their site.

Pretty please… :)

Thanks,
;)
They won't do that but i am working on a theme for wordpress that let you use your phpbb style. It should be out soon
I'm looking forward to experience your up coming blog. Can you informed me when it is completed?
Thanks in advance!

Austeyr
Name: Randell Monaghan

Post by Austeyr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

here's a copy of the template, in zip file just upload via wordpress..

don't know how good it is, though it's working on my site but i'm sure it's for a rather old version of wordpress.

The first thing wrong with the theme in this copy is featured images.

Download : http://oxaus.com/stuff2host/propress.zip

This is not my template i just found the old files and zipped them up, it works but needs a lot of love, I personally wouldn't suggest using this unless you went over every line of code to make sure there are no vulnerabilities.

i'm hosting the files on my server, feel free to download them, i wont host it forever though so grab it now.

if the owner of this wordpress prosilver theme wants me to remove the files ill happily do so.
My phpBB Forum Oxaus Community Forum.
It's more than just a forum. you need to see this.

My Sons phpBB Forum Happy Forum.
He's only 6 Months Old. World's Youngest Webmaster ?

Fav Quote :
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
~
Edmund Burke

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:37 am

Been an awful long time since I posted here!
Austeyr wrote:here's a copy of the template, in zip file just upload via wordpress..

don't know how good it is, though it's working on my site but i'm sure it's for a rather old version of wordpress.

The first thing wrong with the theme in this copy is featured images.

Download : http://oxaus.com/stuff2host/propress.zip

This is not my template i just found the old files and zipped them up, it works but needs a lot of love, I personally wouldn't suggest using this unless you went over every line of code to make sure there are no vulnerabilities.

i'm hosting the files on my server, feel free to download them, i wont host it forever though so grab it now.

if the owner of this wordpress prosilver theme wants me to remove the files ill happily do so.
Hey there,

I'm glad that someone still find this useful. While I can't stop you from hosting the theme on your own server (since it is gpl licensed), I would like to point out that you can still download the theme from http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/down ... ?nostats=1

If anyone wants to update the theme to work with the latest version of phpBB/WordPress you are more than welcome to do so :)

Cheers :)
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Austeyr
Name: Randell Monaghan

Post by Austeyr » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Awesome mate, i couldn't find that download anywhere. now the link is there i'll remove mine.

seeems to be working im hacking away at it.

looks like there are no major issues with code, checked with a few valnarbility checker sites & seems to be pretty secure.

Added a header menu & removed top bread crumbs. //Left bottom breads

changed width to max-width 1000px;

Added box-shadow: 0 0 5px 2px #9D9A93, inset 0 3px 18px rgba(100,100,100,.25); Makes it look like prosilver-SE did this with my forum too so they match think it looks a lot better this way /// personal preferance.

only edited style.css, header.php & functions.php

Not going to work with every plugin but no theme does. Pretty suprised how well it works considering how old theme is.

Demo : oxaus.com
My phpBB Forum Oxaus Community Forum.
It's more than just a forum. you need to see this.

My Sons phpBB Forum Happy Forum.
He's only 6 Months Old. World's Youngest Webmaster ?

Fav Quote :
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
~
Edmund Burke

Return to “phpBB Discussion”