PhpBB slow ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
sigo1

PhpBB slow ?

Post by sigo1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:43 pm

I've been hearing some stuff (probably from haters) that Phpbb is slow and heavy and it makes your forum slow for users . Is this true ? and why . for example are there certain things that makes a Phpbb forum slow ?

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Re: PhpBB slow ?

Post by ckwalsh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Not really. phpBB is one of the faster bulletin board systems.

Here's some analysis I did of various systems (yes, it's outdated, but I'm working on improving it soon (new design, adding xenforo, doing some more comprehensive tests, etc)) that shows phpBB may not be the fastest in all situations, but is certainly faster than heavier boards such as vBulletin or Invision Power Board.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: PhpBB slow ?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 am

This board is an example of how phpbb is not "slow". Look at the size of this board and how much traffic it gets on an hourly basis. A "slow" script couldn't handle it at all.

ok, you have now found out that phpbb is not a security risk, is not a bloated, slow script etc. etc.

Forget all the crap you read at those other boards and just get on with enjoying the best bulletin board script out there, free or paid.

( do I get any bertie points for that? ;) )

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”