Manually add new user

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
carla1234

Manually add new user

Post by carla1234 »

Is their a way to manually add a new user to phpbb3 ?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Manually add new user

Post by KevC »

You can do it with the Support Toolkit or there is a simple MOD
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/acp_add_user_mod/
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

carla1234

Post by carla1234 »

Kevin Clark wrote:You can do it with the Support Toolkit or there is a simple MOD
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/acp_add_user_mod/
I downloaded and tried to install the mod dont work are you sure this is suppose to be for phpbb 3.0.8 ?

Cant ask questions about the mod because they locked the thread for the mod with no explanation as to why its locked, no longer supported, not compatiable with phpbb 3.0.8 ?

As you try to follow the install instructions they dont exactly match what your seeing in the APC.

Thanks agian

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

carla1234 wrote:Cant ask questions about the mod because they locked the thread for the mod with no explanation as to why its locked, no longer supported, not compatiable with phpbb 3.0.8 ?
There's info in the first post of the topic and info in the pink box at the top of that forum.

Support is on the link I posted.

It does appear to work with 3.0.8. There's no real installation needed, you just upload some files and it's good to go.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

I believe you need to add the module manually with that modification.

ACP --> System -- > Module Management --> Administration Control Panel --> Users and Groups --> Users

Then in the drop down box that is below the list, find and select 'Add User' (or something similar) on it. Press add module. Then confirm by pressing yes. Then at the bottom of the list when you go back to it it will say Add User and have a locked icon. Press enable and it should now be in your users & groups tab.

This should be explained in the install.xml DIY Instructions.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

Return to “phpBB Discussion”