PHPBB3 not really usable due to german rights

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
DarkBeing
Name: Sven

Re: PHPBB3 not really usable due to german rights

Post by DarkBeing » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Popp Singh wrote:My opinion ---- >
Next . Its a german law for german sites . Germany has NOTHING to say about sites that are not based in germany .
As far as I remember it has nothing to do where the site is based or hosted but if you are aiming for the German market. Someone may correct me on this. Whether you get prosecuted in Germany if you don't step foot in Germany is a different story.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:04 pm

How many motorised vehcles are on the road and in the sky in the world ?

As many as there are web sites ?

How many people are hurt and injured how much per year by motorised vehicles and how many by bad web sites ?

Every motorised vehicle has a number on it to identify it . It does not have my name , my adress , my telephone number , maybe my bank details and my email adress in plain site for all .

Instead of all that ...... to be even more ' safe ' why not just tattoo everyone a number on their forarm or better their forhead ? Or maybe chip them or clip them a plastic RFID barcode thingy through their ears ?

Why not ? ...... I have nothing to hide ......
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi,
Popp Singh wrote:My adress and my life are private .
Are you sure? There are numerous requirements for websites and they are different from country to country.
In Germany, the requirements are very high. For example: Reachability by the operator / address, e-mail, telephone, data protection and much more ...

There are few exceptions to my personal opinion in Germany 8-)
And that I think it is correct. We are not always in private accommodation ... ;)
World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Weather - Climate - Water
BTW: My own works - phpBB - read more: ongray-design-de or look here: phpBB VT Theme
Style: Star Trek - StarTrekExcerpts - Fan-Board

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:43 am

If your whole website is private and needs authentication then that imprint law does not affect you. However, speaking of phpBB as software being used this is not the case, as there are numerous pages that display content without authentication.

The advantage of the law is to be able to directly address someone being in charge of the website, i.e. when you spot your name on it with false information being spread - what would you do if you can't contact anyone in that case?
The disadvantage of the law is that you have to publish a name and an address and maintain it. This doesn't have to mean it's your private one - it just means somebody has to react on incoming messages.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:47 am

^this
^^and that
Talk19Zehn wrote:Hi,
Popp Singh wrote:My adress and my life are private .
Are you sure? There are numerous requirements for websites and they are different from country to country.
In Germany, the requirements are very high. For example: Reachability by the operator / address, e-mail, telephone, data protection and much more ...

There are few exceptions to my personal opinion in Germany 8-)
And that I think it is correct. We are not always in private accommodation ... ;)
Exactly, how private is your life if your site/forum for example is used to bash people or services who then are not able to contact you to defend themselves.
Irony on: Ah, I understand, only YOU have the right to defend yourself, others do not.
That is your message Popp Singh.

(Maybe you can check the link in your sig? That gives me bad vibes too ;-) )

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:54 am

Your email and address is already out there. Its called whois record. Unless you have put wrong information or using privacy services.

Normal website owners don't hide those, so law wouldn't affect them in any way. Its only websites engaged in something fishy that have something to hide that could have problem with such law, like warez websites or spammers and such. However they have bigger problems to worry about, missing about/imprint page is not important.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:35 am

Arty wrote:missing about/imprint page is not important
No, it is. Lawyers don't care about Whois entries - they sue you of not having an imprint, which is something you have to expect. And being precise: domain and website are still two different things, no matter how often both relate to the same person.
Affin wrote:
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.

Holger

Post by Holger » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:47 am

AmigoJack wrote:
Arty wrote:missing about/imprint page is not important
No, it is.
Arty wrote this in a different context.
Warez websites or spammers have other things to worry about than getting sued for missing imprints.

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Before we continue .

There are several problems here . One is that some people are speculating based on guessses and have no experience of german law . Another obvious problem is that we dont all speak the same language and some of us express ourselves differently .

I say that because after reading the posts since my last one i am now faced with a verbal gordian knote that if i want to answer i will have to unravel it and explain it .

' I am OK because i have nothing to hide ' - ' The people who are against this have something to hide '

Some of us seem to me to have missed the last several hundred years of world history wich have proved that governments can not be trusted .The US was based on the misstrust of government . Its one of its central principles . Thats why US citizens are rightly allowed to carry arms ...... to defend themselves against bad government .

Then ...... did we miss Mr.Manning ? Mr.Assange ? Mr.Snowden ? The NSA ? GCHQ ? The abuse of power . The abuse of information . The sick tricks that poly-trickers play to gain and keep power ...... to gain and abuse information ...... against the interests of the most of the population in their countrys .

Isnt the BASIC rule of safety in the net ...... = Dont give anyone your personal details ?

Last but not least . I said some things in my last posts and noone has answered to then . Noone commented on the example i made .
What i say is my opinion . If you dont like it or dissagree with it lets talk about it and try to come to an agreement . I`m not to old to learn or change my opinions if they are wrong .

http://www.youtopia.ws

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Your initial question was a whole different one; now we should discuss its ethic consequences? You got your answer 4 days ago - it's up to you what you make out of it. If people with power are after you they surely won't stop at a missing imprint or a safeguarded Whois entry, and they surely won't stop because of your basic rights. This forum is still called "phpBB Discussion" and by now we're not even in the phpBB scope anymore.
Affin wrote:

Return to “phpBB Discussion”