Spam ethics.

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
dpaanlka

Re: Spam ethics.

Post by dpaanlka » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Probably 99% of my spam comes from China or Russia, or somewhere in the former Eastern Bloc or Asia. It's much less common from Western Europe or the Americas.
phpBB user and evangelist since 2005.
My boards: Info-Mac | System 7 Today

/a3

Post by /a3 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:13 pm

Spamhaus:
http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/countries.lasso

Of course that doesn't consider the fact that other countries might spam more...
$ git commit -m "YOLO"

Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:39 pm

When you click the "ISPs" tab there isn't an American ISP in the "top 10" and when you click the "spammers" tab there is only one American "organization" in the "top 10." That certainly matches our experience with spammers.

/a3

Post by /a3 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:08 am

Kim_Possible wrote:When you click the "ISPs" tab there isn't an American ISP in the "top 10" and when you click the "spammers" tab there is only one American "organization" in the "top 10." That certainly matches our experience with spammers.
I'm imagining that a lot of the spam is probably generated from botnets, and so spreads across many ISPs?

Either way, perhaps my post from Spamhaus was irrelevant since it primarily refers to email spam.
$ git commit -m "YOLO"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”