Status Update?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Status Update?

Post by webmacster87 »

Happy Christmahanukkwanzaadan, all! It's been a long time since I stopped by the forums; glad to see everything's so lively.

However I have been stopping by the website every so often to see if there was any development news, but I notice that there really hasn't been much official word on anything since Libertyvasion last year.

I also remember, though, that when 3.0 came out in December of '07, I rhetorically/jokingly asked on the podcast if the next release would be in 2013, referring to the 68 month gap between 2.0 and 3.0. Well, that's starting to appear to be the case now that we've passed the 4 year anniversary of 3.0 gold. It's also worth noting that the first beta of 3.0 was released in June 2006 (50 months after 2.0 gold); the equivalent timespan for the current development cycle would be next February/March. Meanwhile, WordPress (for example) has had nine major feature releases in the past 4 years.

I still think phpBB is a great project and service but I get concerned to see it struggling to keep up. It'd be great to see some info about how phpBB is doing--a phpBB "State of the Forums" or something like that. ;)

Anyway, just my $0.02. Back to tracking Santa.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Status Update?

Post by Paul »

Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

Saw that, but that topic's more on modern features that are still lacking in phpBB. I was really more interested in the state of 3.1 & 4.0, etc. (Besides I don't have time to read 12 pages of posts!)
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

That topic is about what your questions are and what the status is really, if you read the last few pages you will notice that.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

The status of phpBB RFCs are listed here.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

Return to “phpBB Discussion”