[EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Christian 2.0 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Unfortunately it looks like I will be unable to attend this meetup. I've just been offered a new job 300 miles away, moving house this weekend and don't think I'll be able to get the time off work to make it to London.

Edit: Booking now cancelled. Would of been cool to meet you guys, just got unfortunate with timing. :(

noth

Post by noth » Sun May 06, 2012 7:57 am

Christian 2.0 wrote:Pencilled in (and the oversized white glasses, probably).

I don't bite - promise. :)
blimmen heck I was going to test out whether you were a vampire or not Christian!! :lol: sorry to hear that, would've been good :(
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

If you have already registered on eventbrite I'd make sure your hotel/train/plane is booked. If your registered on eventbrite and can no longer make it, please inform me via PM or in this ticket. If you plan on attending and have not yet registered on eventbrite, please do so in the next 2 days so I can confirm numbers (if anyone wishes to attend after that then let me know then and I'll see what I can do but there are no gaurentees).

I'd suggest to all of you to get a day tube travel card. After meeting somewhere TBA, we will progress onto a nandos for lunch (more details about this tomorrow). We will then go onto doing something for the afternoon (please, we really need suggestions asap). Followed by going to bodeans for the evening.

Could everyone attending please choose off this menu in the asap please (as I need it to confirm the booking):
http://www.itraksoftware.com/live/uploa ... etMenu.pdf

You don't have to follow the set menu if you go in as a person on your own, however you won't be guaranteed that there will be room in the restaurant, neither is it guaranteed you will be anywhere near the rest of the group.

We will be going in the evening, probably about 5 until around 10ish. Most people seem to be staying around Kings Cross station so I'm sure a few people will be retiring to a bar near there afterwards.

For the afternoon activity/event. So far the following suggestions have been made:
  • Kew Gardens
  • Thames River Cruise
  • Madame Tussauds
  • Going to a museum
  • Houses of Parliment
  • Stroll aimlessly around london. Hyde Park, Westminster, Buckingham Palace, visit an apple store and play angry birds on iPads etc.
Any other suggestions are most welcome, please can you post your preference on where to go and if you have any strong dislikes to any of the places/reasons you cannot go.

Please could anyone with any allergies post it here or PM me.

I shall PM those attending with my mobile number in the next few days in case you get lost or can't make it at very short notice etc.

You are all very welcome to bring your berties (and other phpBB stuff, or even php elephants) with you, however, I'd recommend you don't bring your laptop with you to the actual event as it will be a nightmare for you having to lug it around all day, you probably won't get a chance to use it and it probably wouldn't be very safe (it could get damaged or stolen).

If you have any problems/concerns/questions, feel free to PM me, email me at unknownbliss@phpbb.com or of course reply to this topic.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by MichaelC » Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Could anyone who has not already contacted me via PM or here with what they would like to eat/confirming attendance please do so ASAP.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

girlintrouble

Post by girlintrouble » Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Just got a PM from Noth re this. I fell off the edge of my board and have probably been forgotten lol but as its just down the road Id be happy to come for a day out from the looney bin

Just one question, is everyone going to be as shy as last time?? :twisted: :lol:

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by MichaelC » Thu May 24, 2012 10:43 pm

girlintrouble wrote:Just got a PM from Noth re this. I fell off the edge of my board and have probably been forgotten lol but as its just down the road Id be happy to come for a day out from the looney bin

Just one question, is everyone going to be as shy as last time?? :twisted: :lol:
I hope not. :P Could you register on eventbrite if your certainly coming and let me know what food you want?

Good to see so many people coming, its not too late for anyone, else, but time is running out.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Fri May 25, 2012 6:27 am

Unknown Bliss wrote:Could anyone who has not already contacted me via PM or here with what they would like to eat/confirming attendance please do so ASAP.
I will reply tomorrow, busy with work atm to look at it.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais » Mon May 28, 2012 3:56 pm

I really wanted to go to such meetup but I have an exam in that saturday (9th June). Oh well, better luck next time.

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by MichaelC » Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 am

Just an update for everyone: I've booked nandos and emailed bodeans (they were busy when I called).

We still need a less expensive afternoon activity. Can I ask who would mind going on the London Eye (scared of heights)?

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 am

I was planning on going on the Sunday, but the Saturday may work out better. Tentative yes from me for now, i'll confirm later tonight :) (having already looked into it, it would be better to book this in advance if possible as you get priority booking)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || BandCamp || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Thu May 31, 2012 7:55 am

They EY is pretty nice, I dont mind going. Agree with nub to book in advance, last time I was there, there was a queue of 2 hours for it.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

_ollie_

Post by _ollie_ » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am

Regret I am now going to have to cancel my attendance to this as I will now be in York during the day.

Sorry.

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Bumping this as we'd really need to book the eye now if we're going. Or is it maybe better to just have a wander round London, rather than somewhere booked?
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || BandCamp || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by MichaelC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:13 pm

stickerboy wrote:Bumping this as we'd really need to book the eye now if we're going. Or is it maybe better to just have a wander round London, rather than somewhere booked?
I agree this might be the best thing.

Also a note, please dont register on eventbrite now as I've already made meal bookings, if you want to come PM me.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”