[EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Name: Michael Cullum
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by MichaelC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Ok, so we shall meet at 11 at http://starbucks.co.uk/store/2490/. Followed by lunch at http://www.nandos.co.uk/restaurant/islington (at around 12 to give plenty of time for latecomers).

Followed by general wandering around london, seeing the sights etc.

In the evening we shall be attending bodeans (around 5/6). I have phoned them twice, they told me to email them, they haven't replied so I will be phoning them again tomorrow.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4341
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Jessica » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 pm

wish there could be one in Pittsburgh xP one that I could go to without telling my parents. oh wait, that might not work...

hope those that are going have fun :p
Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Martin Truckenbrodt
Registered User
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: Franconia
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Hello,
have a nice time in London!

Perhaps you can talk about product management. I'm missing following process:
Validated MODs in MODDB -> product management team is looking for features which should be included to the core -> product managment team is flagging every MOD in a public way if it is a good idea for the core or not -> product management team is contacting MOD authors whether they are interested in writing a patch or not -> in the case of non-interest product management team is looking for other people to do it.

Maybe product managent team is the same to developement team???

I think this would honor the MOD authors and MOD validators job and hugh amount of spent sparetime. Also it would help to complete the core package.

Bye MArtin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

User avatar
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 23722
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: The netherlands.
Name: Paul Sohier
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Paul » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:15 pm

This meeting is not a official meeting, and iam pretty sure we will not be discussion phpBB stuff that much ;).
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

User avatar
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Posts: 9897
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 am
Location: The Netherlands, 3.0.x Support Forum
Name: Erik Frèrejean
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Martin Truckenbrodt wrote:Perhaps you can talk about product management. I'm missing following process:
Validated MODs in MODDB -> product management team is looking for features which should be included to the core -> product managment team is flagging every MOD in a public way if it is a good idea for the core or not -> product management team is contacting MOD authors whether they are interested in writing a patch or not -> in the case of non-interest product management team is looking for other people to do it.
I really don't see the point of such a team, if you encounter a MOD that you would like to see you already can post an RFC for it. Such a team would do exactly the same, but rather that the community goes out and creates RFC's of which direction they want to see the project go (the whole reason of having an open RFC system), there would be an other core team doing that which will result in most being dropped straight away due to the philosophy inside the teams.
But that is an other topic, so please feel free opening a discussion about this here or over at area51. Per Paul I highly doubt that there will be really in depth discussions about this kind of topics.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

User avatar
Martin Truckenbrodt
Registered User
Posts: 3045
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: Franconia
Name: Martin Truckenbrodt
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Martin Truckenbrodt » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello Erik,
so, for what are we doing MODs?
A lot of MODs are adding missing core features for Olympus. And Olympus is feature frozen. At least it has been feature frozen for a long time.
As I know it correctly (I'm not sure!) RFCs are for Ascraeus or later generations of phpBB.
So for Olympus we have MODs. And for Ascraeus and later we have RFCs.

I think a good consequence would be to say MODs have to be programmed like patches in the RFC format, too.

Okay, after the following words I will move these things to Area51 now. I hope I will find the right forum there. Also my impression is that there is no true feature discussion on Area51. I can't see any kind of management from the devs there which is saying: Yes, we would include this feature. Also there is no usable kind of polls or rating for new features. And I think a connection from the MODs and the MOD authors is needed absolutely. So MOD programming and MOD validation would make more sense.

Bye Martin
Free tutorial: Installing MODs in phpBB 3.0
Advanced Block MOD - Prevent spam on your phpBB 3.0 board with Stop Forum Spam, BotScout, Akismet, Project Honey Pot and several IP-RBL and Domain-RBL DNS blacklists!
My MODs
Use the official phpBB Ideas to vote missing core features!!!

User avatar
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Posts: 4608
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:29 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Name: Chris Smith
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by ToonArmy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm planning on being in London Friday evening (can't be too specific on time, depends on the traffic) any one else going to be around and want to find a beer dispensing establishment?
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
Image
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.

User avatar
MarkTheDaemon
Former Team Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:42 am
Location: United Kingdom
Name: Mark Barnes

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by MarkTheDaemon » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 am

Going to have to put this on ice I'm afraid, been called to work at the last minute :(.

Hope everyone has a great time!

User avatar
girlintrouble
Registered User
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by girlintrouble » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am

Erm hi
I didnt manage o register, still hoping to come. Cant see where to register on eventbrite, is it too late. Do I need tot do it? sorry not had time to read the whole of this thread (blush), rushing right now, wont be able to check back until late tonight. Count me in (falling anything going wrong today)

User avatar
callumacrae
Infrastructure Team Member
Infrastructure Team Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: London, UK
Name: Callum Macrae
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by callumacrae » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 am

girlintrouble wrote:Erm hi
I didnt manage o register, still hoping to come. Cant see where to register on eventbrite, is it too late. Do I need tot do it? sorry not had time to read the whole of this thread (blush), rushing right now, wont be able to check back until late tonight. Count me in (falling anything going wrong today)
In theory, a couple people have cancelled so you should be able to. I've poked unknownbliss on IRC for you :-D
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

User avatar
girlintrouble
Registered User
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by girlintrouble » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

callumacrae wrote: In theory, a couple people have cancelled so you should be able to. I've poked unknownbliss on IRC for you :-D
Thanks Ill check back tonight!

User avatar
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Posts: 9897
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 am
Location: The Netherlands, 3.0.x Support Forum
Name: Erik Frèrejean
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Bertie finally decided to crawl into my bag, so I'm ready to head for London :mrgreen:
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (215.31 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Name: Michael Cullum
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by MichaelC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:36 pm

girlintrouble wrote:Erm hi
I didnt manage o register, still hoping to come. Cant see where to register on eventbrite, is it too late. Do I need tot do it? sorry not had time to read the whole of this thread (blush), rushing right now, wont be able to check back until late tonight. Count me in (falling anything going wrong today)
As Mark has dropped out then that should be fine. :)
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

User avatar
noth
Registered User
Posts: 2435
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: North Surrey
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by noth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Paul wrote:This meeting is not a official meeting, and iam pretty sure we will not be discussion phpBB stuff that much ;).
well I am bringing my (names of) TOP TEN mod authors :D that is for sure

looking forward to meeting all who attend :mrgreen: would be interested in chatting about the good old phpBB2 days but if that fails MYbb is good :lol:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

User avatar
MichaelC
Development Team Member
Development Team Member
Posts: 3639
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Name: Michael Cullum
Contact:

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by MichaelC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 am

I'm heading off now, any problems then you've all got my mobile number in your inbox.

See you all at 11. :D
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Website Feedback || Website Tracker

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hewmac06 and 33 guests

cron