[EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Re: [EVENT][Sat Jun 09 2012 | London] Meetup

Post by dellsystem »

I'll be booking my tickets in a few days, once I figure out the best way to get from Dublin to London and back. I'll most likely arrive in London on June 8th, and will depart for Dublin sometime on the 10th. Not sure what hotels I should look into, though. Anyone have recommendations?
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

dellsystem wrote:I'll be booking my tickets in a few days, once I figure out the best way to get from Dublin to London and back. I'll most likely arrive in London on June 8th, and will depart for Dublin sometime on the 10th. Not sure what hotels I should look into, though. Anyone have recommendations?
Erik and I stay in Montana Excel, however I had the last room with them. I think Christian has a room at the premier inn?
Both hotels are at least near the international train station (st. pancrass, kings cross).
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Paul wrote:I think Christian has a room at the premier inn?
Premier Inn was a bit too expensive for me. :cry:

I managed to get a reasonably priced (£55) room at "The Howard Winchester" hotel which is just across the road from Kings' Cross / St. Pancras. There are still a fair number of rooms available here , anything less than £50 pretty much looks like a youth hostel.

As for planes / trains, hard to say. Best bet is probably get a flight from Dublin -> Heathrow for around £70, and then it's an hours' commute by Tube into London (~£7).
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

We haven't got a confirmed itinerary yet but the chances are it won't all be in the same place and you'll need to get transport to/from hotels/trainstations/airports so I'd recommend you get travel cards for the day so we can use the tube.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae »

Unknown Bliss wrote:We haven't got a confirmed itinerary yet but the chances are it won't all be in the same place and you'll need to get transport to/from hotels/trainstations/airports so I'd recommend you get travel cards for the day so we can use the tube.
A tube day ticket (zone 1 - 9, but I doubt we'll need that much) is £19.60. They don't need to be bought in advance, but the queues for the machines can be horrible.

I've got an Oyster card, and I would recommend it for anyone who goes to London often. It's a lot easier than using a ticket (and it also works out what is cheapest for you without you having to decide when you want to go in advance).
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

Paul wrote:Both hotels are at least near the international train station (st. pancrass, kings cross).
The orange dots represent where you/Erik , and I am staying :shock:
callumacrae wrote:A tube day ticket (zone 1 - 9, but I doubt we'll need that much) is £19.60.
I doubt we'll even need to go past Zone 4 to be honest (and that's quite a distance from the city center), in which case it's a more manageable £10.60 (or £7.70 if we stay off-peak).
Paul

Post by Paul »

Christian 2.0 wrote:
Paul wrote:Both hotels are at least near the international train station (st. pancrass, kings cross).
The orange dots represent where you/Erik , and I am staying :shock:
yeah, there are a lot of hotels near the station, lots of people that visit london want to stay near the station :P
callumacrae wrote:A tube day ticket (zone 1 - 9, but I doubt we'll need that much) is £19.60.
I doubt we'll even need to go past Zone 4 to be honest (and that's quite a distance from the city center), in which case it's a more manageable £10.60 (or £7.70 if we stay off-peak).
It depends on where we meet at day, and what we exactly want to do at the day itself as well I guess.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

/me sneaks in to the topic :P
Myself and my g/f may be in attandance - looking into travel and hotels just now. At the moment we're probably going to be staying from the Friday through to the Sunday, possibly taking in the theatre on the Friday night :mrgreen: I still need to confirm time off with my work though, so pencil us in as a maby just now :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae »

cherokee red wrote:/me sneaks in to the topic :P
Myself and my g/f may be in attandance - looking into travel and hotels just now. At the moment we're probably going to be staying from the Friday through to the Sunday, possibly taking in the theatre on the Friday night :mrgreen: I still need to confirm time off with my work though, so pencil us in as a maby just now :)
Noted!

The eventbrite thing was set to max one ticket per person, I've raised it
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Post by Derky »

I'll also attend! Image
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

I will also be there Image
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

It's going to be a great event!
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

Good to see so many people coming. :)
Sounds good. :)
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Paul

Post by Paul »

Erik and I will as it looks like now go to the pub to drink a real Palm (Ow wait, those were yours :P) or Guiness.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant

Post by MichaelC »

Can I just check, is anyone a vegetarian?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”