Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
User avatar
/a3
Registered User
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 am
Location: /dev/random

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by /a3 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 am

laceygirl wrote:I'm sorry. Let me rephrase. I'm ot talking about advertising/marketing with money. I'm talking about SEO optimizing, link building, and advertising a site using free methods such as social bookmarking, etc.
So, enlighten me on this link building scheme. Do you force users to link to your website? I am most interested in finding out how to do this, although I think I already know the answer.
laceygirl wrote:-SOPA eliminates all sites that have anything to do with hollywood, celeb, etc so that they can run that niche of the internet without anyone having the right to rank.
I fail to understand. SOPA was a proposed law in the US designed so that big companies could force Google to police its search results. It also covered other areas like DNS blocking, etc. Any website that was deemed to be facilitating copyright infringement would be affected by such a law. That has nothing to do with SEO.
$ git commit -m "YOLO"

User avatar
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 51833
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Brf » Fri May 04, 2012 1:45 pm

laceygirl wrote: And that's not a type-o. Its misspelling to get common type o mistakes searched for a little extra traffic.
That "dinosuar" is not in your keywords though. It is in the description that Google is showing for your board. Personally, I bypass sites that have such misspellings in their description. It shows a lack of professionalism when you cannot even spell your site's subject properly.
Attachments
dinosuar.jpg
dinosuar.jpg (45.9 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by RMcGirr83 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Brf wrote:Personally, I bypass sites that have such misspellings in their description. It shows a lack of professionalism when you cannot even spell your site's subject properly.
QFT
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

User avatar
laceygirl
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by laceygirl » Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm

Nope, those sentences prove that you either aren't aware of or don't care about grammar, specifically agreement. To wit -- "There are over 500 files" and "There are bound to be a few spelling errors." Two basic grammatical errors, similar to the one that Rich pointed out, in four short sentences doesn't bode well (unless you're not a native English speaker). Maybe good written expression isn't required for Web writing, though.
Oh no. An internet bully comes out. Please don't hurt my feelings. You are so much wiser than the other people who do not know a thing about seo.
Of course I realize what I'm saying -- I wrote it. Do you understand what I'm saying? You're certainly allowed to have a job and make money, and I didn't say that you weren't.

However, you came here and bragged about how much money you make and imply that every site should use SEO (possibly a thinly-veiled attempt to sell your services here despite the no solicitation policy). My point, which you obviously missed, is that not everybody starts a site to make money or become popular. Not everything in my life is about making money, even though I have a job and want to make some.
You seem to miss point after point and just mix up words and jump to any conclusion possible attempt to try to make me look bad.
As far as this popularity contest goes. I really don't have as many people here to impress as you do.
With all of that money you make, I'd think a little challenge would be fun. It might also prove us wrong about your arguments.
You wouldn't understand the concept of what is more successful or not anyway.
No, but link spamming is wrong.
Stuffing irrelevant keywords is also wrong.
I don't do one of those things but define wrong? You mean like morally wrong?
Well, before you jump to pointing fingers at me using miss spelled keywords I've already seen more morally wrong people from this topic that is far worse than switching a few metatag words.
http://www.phpbbhelp.org - is a forum for phpBB team members and ex-team members to basically gossip about people they don't like. And Yesterday and today I was mocked and talked about which would be considered pretty offensive.
(callum mcrare= if you got something to say, no need to hide with your friends. I'm right here)
So, enlighten me on this link building scheme. Do you force users to link to your website? I am most interested in finding out how to do this, although I think I already know the answer.
No, I get a site popular enough so that naturally people go to it then, for example, Jimmy says "cool, I'm going to do a funny status about a dinosaur" then his parent teacher see's the site and adds it to the schools website resources division, etc.
Kind of like that.
When I back link myself I will submit to directories, come out with press releases, tweet about new info and things happening, etc.
I fail to understand. SOPA was a proposed law in the US designed so that big companies could force Google to police its search results. It also covered other areas like DNS blocking, etc. Any website that was deemed to be facilitating copyright infringement would be affected by such a law. That has nothing to do with SEO.
SOPA was so that Famous people and corporations could eliminate a wack load of sites so that they can dominate the search engine rankings. I suppose its doesn't directly have to do with SEO but eliminating competition for the purpose of ranking higher would be considers search engine optimization.
That "dinosuar" is not in your keywords though. It is in the description that Google is showing for your board. Personally, I bypass sites that have such misspellings in their description. It shows a lack of professionalism when you cannot even spell your site's subject properly.
If I said earlier that I'm a professional I'm sorry(I don't believe I did). I'm not a professional. I have a degree in business but not a degree in anything online. I'm not licensed or anything.
But...its still on purpose.

There's no point into getting together with all of your friends and trying to jump on my network. It makes a ton of money, its greatly respected along collage and school divisions across the world, and it has so many fans its not funny.
twitter.com/dinosaur (19,000 fans can't be wrong).

this is your problem when you look at my site because you are with your friends and just dying to find a needle on me you are picking apart little pointless things. The rest of the world don't notice the miss spell. Only you because you are just part of a very small circle of friends who just don't accept anyone.
Here's why DF is good:
http://www.dinosaurfact.net/groups.php - fairly good teachings to help understand dinosaur classification
http://www.dinosaurfact.net/Pterosaurs.php strong descriptions of not only dinosaurs but marine reptiles, mammals, and in this case Flying reptile species.
etc, etc. I could go on forever.

the whole point of dinosaurfact.net is to allow children and adults to get greater knowledge of dinosaurs and be able to find A LOT in one spot.
You are welcome to join anytime.
QFT
Thanks for reinforcing what your friend said. The more friends who jump in makes you more right I guess. So......what are you doing after this. Going to a KKK meeting?
Oh, I'm sorry. you call it phpbbhelp.org. My mistake.
My styles available for download:
Proskygray - Alpha - 0mega

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29251
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Marshalrusty » Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 pm

laceygirl wrote:Thanks for reinforcing what your friend said. The more friends who jump in makes you more right I guess. So......what are you doing after this. Going to a KKK meeting?
Oh, I'm sorry. you call it phpbbhelp.org. My mistake.
:shock:

I think you do a much better job of telling people about your character with this kind of rhetoric than anyone else could possibly do.

Additionally, the amount of misinformation coming from your posts in this topic is truly astounding. I was going to stay out of it complete, but now that the site I started to facilitate collaboration between people who are active in the phpBB community has been compared to the Klu Klux Klan because you didn't like what someone posted about something you said, I feel compelled to ask:

How dare you proclaim blatantly false information as though it were fact? How dare you belittle the astounding atrocities committed by the Klu Klux Klan by putting them in the same category as an argument over search engines? I am genuinely embarrassed for you.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
laceygirl
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by laceygirl » Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 pm

I think you do a much better job of telling people about your character with this kind of rhetoric than anyone else could possibly do.

Additionally, the amount of misinformation coming from your posts in this topic is truly astounding. I was going to stay out of it complete, but now that the site I started to facilitate collaboration between people who are active in the phpBB community has been compared to the Klu Klux Klan because you didn't like what someone posted about you, I feel compelled to ask:

How dare you proclaim blatantly false information as though it were fact? How dare you belittle the astounding atrocities committed by the Klu Klux Klan by putting them in the same category as an argument over search engines? I am genuinely embarrassed for you.
Come on buddy! Even you(a current member) have to admit that having a forum like phpbbhelp.org just for phpbb staff and previous staff to gossip about people they don't like is a pretty rude organization.
So how dare yourself.
To actually sit there with a some closed group mocking and talking all of this trash about people confined with all of your staff friends.
This isn't about seo. It never was. After my first post this was about all jumping in on me. One after another. Take a read above, guy. Take a look at the arrangement of people. You guys are just all taking turns. Honestly, it doesn't really bother me because I can come and go while its online. Don't think with your big numbers of agreeing friends that you can buy the truth.
Maybe it's because you don't like the idea of being taught by an outsider. I can't understand it.
I tried to explain seo, that didn't work so I showed serious revenue and rankings at a source that I'm not speaking out of nowhere, that didn't work.
So now you and your friends have nothing else to take to that mocking forum. Go and find a spelling error or a crack in the php/html coding in my site and come back.
My styles available for download:
Proskygray - Alpha - 0mega

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29251
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Marshalrusty » Sat May 05, 2012 12:13 am

With all due respect, let's agree not to call what you did here "teaching". This community consists of people from a hundred countries around the world; "insider" and "outsider" are concepts that have virtually no meaning here.

Your posts in this topic contain large amounts of completely unreferenced information that you proclaimed as fact. You then seemed outraged when others suggested that they have evidence of the contrary being true.

When you voluntarily post ideas in the public domain, you should expect people to criticize them, whether that's in other posts, spoken speech, telephone calls, books, smoke signals, etc. None of the people in this topic know anything about you other than what you posted, so everything posted here is in reaction to the ideas you voluntarily supplied and the way in which you did so.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29251
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Marshalrusty » Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 am

Also, just so there's no confusion about what you compared to the Klu Klux Klan. This is the extent of what was posted about this topic:

Image
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Posts: 4455
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: UK
Name: Christian
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Christian 2.0 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 am

Why are the post profiles blurred out?

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29251
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Marshalrusty » Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 am

Christian 2.0 wrote:Why are the post profiles blurred out?
For obvious reasons; I have respect for freedom of speech, but also for the right of privacy. You seem to ignore either or both when it suits your ends, demonstrated clearly by the fact that you leaked the terrible atrocities committed there to Lacey, who felt compelled to compare them to one of the worst hate groups in American history.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
laceygirl
Registered User
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by laceygirl » Sat May 05, 2012 1:08 am

With all due respect, let's agree not to call what you did here "teaching". This community consists of people from a hundred countries around the world; "insider" and "outsider" are concepts that have virtually no meaning here.
I don't know. Earlier I saw some things said about me that was fairly annoying on that other forum. I think some of it got deleted though. This no outsider concept is breaking away pretty fast. I've seen several questionable past conversations from that forum of the same type of thing.
Your posts in this topic contain large amounts of completely unreferenced information that you proclaimed as fact. You then seemed outraged when others suggested that they have evidence of the contrary being true.
It really depends on how you read the text because you can't see someones face. Try reading the whole thing while whistling. I bet you'll have a difference perspective.
Also, just so there's no confusion about what you compared to the Klu Klux Klan. This is the extent of what was posted about this topic:
Why are you showing me something I told you about. I can see the whole thing. Ok, the KKK thing was a very strong exaggeration. The whole point of it was simple. To get you guys to quit hiding behind your little locked forum that I can see anyway and come out in the open.
Why are the post profiles blurred out?
Because he thinks that I don't know it was a worm named callum mcrare?
For obvious reasons; I have no right to post them. A fact you ignored when you leaked the terrible atrocities committed there to Lacey, who felt compelled to compare them to one of the worst hate groups in American history.
lol, No one told me about stuff said in that forum.
look at the source of that forum
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
That means its a DO-FOLLOW forum which means that bots enter. The content of that forum is online.
And while you are so into debating. I think we all can agree that the swamp of 13yr old girls who wanted Justin Biebers' girlfriend dead are much more dangerous than the KKK.

Now I'm leaving for the night. Just know that I do not get emotional often online. Actually only 4 times in all these days, so don't get all upset about this. You are learning a lot even if you don't believe it now. :)
See you tomorrow.
My styles available for download:
Proskygray - Alpha - 0mega

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29251
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by Marshalrusty » Sat May 05, 2012 1:21 am

Well, at least we managed to agree that "the KKK thing" was an exaggeration; I think we've made a breakthrough.
laceygirl wrote: lol, No one told me about stuff said in that forum.
look at the source of that forum
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
That means its a DO-FOLLOW forum which means that bots enter. The content of that forum is online.
I don't know how you expect people to take what you say seriously when you post things like this.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21034
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by RMcGirr83 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:45 am

laceygirl wrote:Even you(a current member) have to admit that having a forum like phpbbhelp.org just for phpbb staff and previous staff to gossip about people they don't like is a pretty rude organization.
Uhmmm, not sure where you are getting your information (I would suspect from Christian given both of your past alliances with phpbbcommunities) but FYI, I was asked if I would like to join that forum prior to being on any team on here.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17052
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by DavidIQ » Sat May 05, 2012 12:17 pm

RMcGirr83 wrote:
laceygirl wrote:Even you(a current member) have to admit that having a forum like phpbbhelp.org just for phpbb staff and previous staff to gossip about people they don't like is a pretty rude organization.
Uhmmm, not sure where you are getting your information (I would suspect from Christian given both of your past alliances with phpbbcommunities) but FYI, I was asked if I would like to join that forum prior to being on any team on here.
Same here and the same goes for most of the people there.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

CaNNon_
Registered User
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Which mod is the most reliable for SEO ?

Post by CaNNon_ » Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Pony99CA wrote:
Brf wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote: BTW I just googled "Dinosaurs" and you weren't in the first five pages of results and I stopped looking.
For me it was at the top of page-11.

Looking for "Dinosaur facts" it is the first one, complete with the grammar error, and misspelled "dinosuar" two words after your highlight there, Rich.
:lol: Giving Lacey the benefit of the doubt, that may be a form of typo squatting. She also has "dinosaure" and "dinasour" in her keywords.

Steve
I'm finding that bit interesting Steve, simply because google is not offering me a corrected spelling search.
Just a guess here but if google catches that and starts offering one at the top of the search that site will take a hit.

My spelling/typing really suck... so I tend to use the google spelling corrected search as soon as the search comes up.

Locked

Return to “phpBB Discussion”