guys give or sell phpbb to one active and serious company ..

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Zaishen

guys give or sell phpbb to one active and serious company ..

Post by Zaishen »

nobody cares about phpbb and about the project, everyone is looking to get *rich* by creating their own forum cms or selling mods, nobody want to make phpbb cool with features, after so many years to have so lack of support, and to be so complicated to mod the forum, you have to edit files, etc, code to get this working, there are diferent cms' wich are more easy and simple because they WORK on the project

just give this to another team, sell it

phpbb is abandoned because the managers are lazy and probably they work for paid cms, or they want to get money by selling "services"

its a shame for the manager of phpbb, you guys ruined this project

one word:

Shame
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Re: guys give or sell phpbb to one active and serious compan

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

*grabs popcorn*
nextgen
Jr. Style Validator
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

Christian 2.0 wrote:*grabs popcorn*
Want a beer?
Because I do. :geek:
メルビン・ガルシア • phpBB Development StylesphpBB Argentina - Soporte en español 🇦🇷

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Zaishen wrote:phpbb is abandoned because the managers are lazy and probably they work for paid cms, or they want to get money by selling "services"
Yes, soo abandoned that the next 2 version releases are being planned.

Also, who's the phpBB project manager?
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.
Pony99CA
Name: Steve

Post by Pony99CA »

Just don't feed the troll with that popcorn. 8-)

Steve
Silicon Valley Pocket PC (http://www.svpocketpc.com)
Creator of manage_bots and spoof_user (ask me)
Need hosting for a small forum with full cPanel & MySQL access? Contact me or PM me.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

Zaishen wrote:nobody cares about phpbb and about the project
You obviously cared enough to make a topic. Also, I care about this project. ;)
Zaishen wrote:everyone is looking to get *rich* by creating their own forum cms or selling mods
MODs submitted to the Customization Database are free to download and install. It is true that there are individuals who charge for their services, but their services are not affiliated or endorsed by phpBB (even if they are a member here, as some of our members do offer paid services).
Zaishen wrote:nobody want to make phpbb cool with features
phpBB 3.1.x will include new features, as well as 3.2.x, 4.0.x, etc.
Zaishen wrote:after so many years to have so lack of support
I don't know what you talking about. The last post by a team member in the support forum was (as of this post) 24 minutes ago.
Zaishen wrote:and to be so complicated to mod the forum, you have to edit files, etc, code to get this working
phpBB 3.1.x will make MOD installation easier with extensions.
Zaishen wrote:phpbb is abandoned because the managers are lazy and probably they work for paid cms, or they want to get money by selling "services"

I'm not aware of the rest of the team member's real life jobs, but I can assure you that the managers are not "lazy" and I doubt very highly that they "work for paid cms".
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and, guess what ? phpbb is not a CMS it is a bulletin board software.

so, since you don't even know the difference and nothing you said is even remotely accurate, I don't think your opinions are going to carry much weight around here or anywhere else for that matter.

go troll somewhere else please.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Post by nuckfan15 »

LMAO. :lol:

Seriously though. I really did laugh.
Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

t_backoff wrote:
I'm not aware of the rest of the team member's real life jobs, but I can assure you that the managers are not "lazy" and I doubt very highly that they "work for paid cms".
My guess is that Zaishen is referring to Forumatic. In which case, he makes a valid point.
Zaishen

Post by Zaishen »

im not going to quote all your msg's, i created this topic because u get tired to see how bad they do the things on this project, they not freeking care about phpbb, we are in 2012 wtf , not in 2001

im just saying, the freedom of speech is accepted in this forum, or at last was when the project started more then one decade ago

give the project to another team, if u cant handle this, resign..., resign dude, if u dont have time to make phpbb epic forum with features, gtfo resign, nobody force u to keep this dead, ok?

is like someone wants to keep this project down with no features so they can *sell*, u know, is like a deal, lets keep phpbb with crap features so we can sell vbuletin and ipboard and mods

this are my points of view, i belive phpbb is dead and the responsibility is of the managers, idk whos the manager, or how many are under this, but there is no leadership, inexperienced coders, they take no ideas from the comunity, i know another projects like this one and they work and make news , but come on man this was created one decade ago and u kill it like this? WTF?!

give up guys or you guy if there is one *dictator* keeping phpbb in this black hole with no future

after one decade u have to edit files to install one one fucking mod, this is ridiculous

So pls give PHPBB to an active, serious and experienced team, one team that care about the project, thats what i want, to see this project active, i want to see experienced ppl working on this, i want to see support, real support, not troll "helpers" that when u request help they troll you with shit msg's like: "dont request help here, go there", wth , if i opened one topic in help section of phpbb, u cant tell me why i request help, u help me or stfu.

PHPBB is dead because of the low leadership, the managers (if there are some managers) are very bad idea makers, maybe they are experienced, but u can be experienced if your taste is shit and u have no ideas, and u make always what u want and not what the ppl want.

as i said before, shame guys, u ruined phpbb.

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

I'm locking this topic as it has no discussion value.

Note: As phpBB is open source feel free to fork the code as per the GPL and start your own work on a "new" project.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Return to “phpBB Discussion”