What software is this website based off of?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
SnaggleToof

What software is this website based off of?

Post by SnaggleToof » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:08 am

I want to create a website that matches the look of my phpBB forum, much like the phpbb website is layed out.

i have access to most website building software, is there a template that i can download or anything?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: What software is this website based off of?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 am

SnaggleToof wrote:I want to create a website that matches the look of my phpBB forum, much like the phpbb website is layed out.

i have access to most website building software, is there a template that i can download or anything?
as far as I know, every part of this site is made from phpbb. it uses phpbb custom pages :

Add a new custom page to phpBB
I would assume that it was created using a simply text editor which is the preferred method.

other types of website creation software will more often than not, corrupt the phpbb files when you use it to open/edit them.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 am

Blog https://blog.phpbb.com is based on Wordpress

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 am

So if i wanted to copy the general layout of the phpbb blog page, how would i do so?

obviously im going to change all of the graphics etc to my own theme. i just really like the simple layout, and love the fact that it makes it look like the website is integrated with the phpbb forum

tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:25 am

The blog used here, as Kamahl19 said, is based on Wordpress. There is a User Blog MOD that you can install that will integrate a blog for your forum, which would most likely be much easier than trying to integrate Wordpress. Also, as Robert (Lumpy Burgertushie) said, the rest of this site is basically custom pages, all based off of the KB he linked to.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 am

Ok so most pages are made with phpBB using the guide he linked to, and the blog page is a Wordpress template. i have wordpress installed on my server, would it be somehow possible to replicate their wordpress template for myself?

I am using the same phpbb theme (prosilver se) so it would basically be the same.

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 am

SnaggleToof wrote:i have wordpress installed on my server, would it be somehow possible to replicate their wordpress template for myself?
Sure that is possible, but you'll have to do it yourself or find someone to do it for you. The wordpress template used on this blog was created especially for this website and therefore isn't available publicly (like the rest of the phpbb.com website for that matter).
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:44 pm

SnaggleToof wrote:Ok so most pages are made with phpBB using the guide he linked to, and the blog page is a Wordpress template. i have wordpress installed on my server, would it be somehow possible to replicate their wordpress template for myself?

I am using the same phpbb theme (prosilver se) so it would basically be the same.
Check out WP-United: http://www.wp-united.com/ , will achieve the phpBB -> Wordpress look & feel you're looking for.

Don't bother using the phpBB Custom Pages KB article, it's garbage. Base your site on Wordpress and use the "Pages" feature to one-click create your pages, then tie it to your forum using WP-United. :)

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:04 am

Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend using wp-united for someone who is a complete noob at wordpress and phpbb? Once installed is it a breeze after that? Or still a pain?

I downloaded the wp-united complete package. Successfully installed the wordpress plugin, successfully installed the automod installer.

Now i am lost as to how to use automod to install the phpbb3 MOD.

2. Upload the phpbb/ folder and all files to your forum's "store" folder.

I copied everything from the 'phpbb3 MOD' folder into my forums store folder... dont think it worked... lol, when i went into automod in my ACP, nothing showed up.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 am

SnaggleToof wrote:Thanks for the tip. Would you recommend using wp-united for someone who is a complete noob at wordpress and phpbb? Once installed is it a breeze after that? Or still a pain?

I downloaded the wp-united complete package. Successfully installed the wordpress plugin, successfully installed the automod installer.

Now i am lost as to how to use automod to install the phpbb3 MOD.

2. Upload the phpbb/ folder and all files to your forum's "store" folder.

I copied everything from the 'phpbb3 MOD' folder into my forums store folder... dont think it worked... lol, when i went into automod in my ACP, nothing showed up.
Think this will help:
Installing MODs with AutoMOD
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks for the link but im still confused.

The install readme (which is really bad btw) says:

"2. Upload the phpbb/ folder and all files to your forum's "store" folder."

By the "phpbb/ folder" do they mean the folder called " phpbb3 MOD"? because i copied everything from that folder into the store directory and got nothing. the install instructions say nothing about uploading anything through automod in the acp

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm

SnaggleToof wrote:Thanks for the link but im still confused.

The install readme (which is really bad btw) says:

"2. Upload the phpbb/ folder and all files to your forum's "store" folder."

By the "phpbb/ folder" do they mean the folder called " phpbb3 MOD"? because i copied everything from that folder into the store directory and got nothing. the install instructions say nothing about uploading anything through automod in the acp
You upload through Automod when it's a zip package
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks for the quick response, and sorry for not catching on.

So i need to create a .zip folder and upload it through automod? Which folder do i need to compress and upload? And if this is the case, why doesnt the install instructions say to do this? Wondering why there osnt already a .zip file in the downloaded install file.

I apologize... But i basically need a step by step on the rest of the way to install WP United, after i have already installed the wordpress plugin and automod

Christian 2.0
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by Christian 2.0 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:10 pm

SnaggleToof wrote:So i need to create a .zip folder and upload it through automod?
No need to create one.

When you download a MOD it will download as a .zip archive. You don't need to unpack it, simply head into AutoMOD and upload that same .zip file. AutoMOD will automagically extract it and present installation information on-screen. :)

SnaggleToof

Post by SnaggleToof » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm

So you are saying upload the whole .zip file i dpwnloaded from the wp-united website into automod.

The .zip file includes the files for the wordpress plugin... That doesnt matter?

If i upload the wrong .zip file will automod stop me from messing up my board?

Return to “phpBB Discussion”