New Board. What's the First Thing To Do?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

New Board. What's the First Thing To Do?

Post by abrogard »

I'm putting up a new board. I've got some little experience. I know it won't be up there for long before it gets swamped by spam and worse.

I've got a little experience but no ability... done it few times before but very simple, didn't know much, learn much and have forgotten most of what I knew.

So I'm going to be some time getting this new board into shape. Planning the Forums and the tree structure. Writing intro posts and whatever...

I don't want to be fussed battling with all that spam crap while I'm doing it...

So can I ask: what's the quickest simplest things I can do right now to secure my board while I'm working on it to get it up to where I want to open it up to invite people in?
Cpt. Blackbeard

Re: New Board. What's the First Thing To Do?

Post by Cpt. Blackbeard »

Turn off Registrations, no one can join until you are finished and turn them back on. Then read the Stickied thread at the top of the 3.0.X Support Forum "preventing SPAM in phpBB" viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2122696 and set up a good Q&A CAPTCHA. One good question will stop SPAM Bots cold.
abrogard
Name: arthur brogard

Re: New Board. What's the First Thing To Do?

Post by abrogard »

Thank you, Cap'n :)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”