[Discuss] Introducing "phpBB Ideas"!

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Toxyy

Re: [Discuss] Introducing phpBB Ideas!

Post by Toxyy »

Well, phpbb's url's are pretty ugly looking. WP and other software has seo compatible urls, and whether or not it is THAT important in seo (I believe it is), there is no doubt that a lot of people are looking for that kind of functionality nowadays. Reputation that phpbb is very seo friendly would give it a little more of an edge when people chose which forum to install. There is already an option to rewrite the url's to remove app.php, why not rewrite then to get rid of this spaghetti: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2189644
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
Ger

Post by Ger »

phpBB Ideas is a former section of this website dedicated to gather ideas for improving phpBB. You should read the first post of this topic.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Toxyy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:05 pm Well, phpbb's url's are pretty ugly looking. WP and other software has seo compatible urls, and whether or not it is THAT important in seo (I believe it is), there is no doubt that a lot of people are looking for that kind of functionality nowadays. Reputation that phpbb is very seo friendly would give it a little more of an edge when people chose which forum to install. There is already an option to rewrite the url's to remove app.php, why not rewrite then to get rid of this spaghetti: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2189644
This topic is not for submitting suggestions, ideas or anything of the sort. The purpose of this topic, as stated in the op, is simply to announce the currently-unavailable phpBB Ideas area, which is described in great detail in the linked blog post in the first post of this topic. That phpBB Ideas is currently unavailable does not mean you can use this topic as a catch-all for submitting suggestions or ideas. Please stay on topic.

On topic: phpBB Ideas should be back online soon. Announcement will be made to coincide with it coming back online.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Ah. I see the OP now. My bad, sorry about that.

I interpreted the title that this is a topic to introduce ideas for phpbb, not the phpbb ideas section of the site.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Toxyy wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pmI interpreted the title that this is a topic to introduce ideas
The title [Discuss] Introducing phpBB Ideas! is not that ambiguous: "discussion" is imperative, while "discussing" is present participle. But I have to admit that phpBB Ideas could have used quotation marks.

To get to your interpretation the title should be Introduce/discuss ideas for phpBB (this time "ideas" isn't capitalized and as such refers to the noun, not a name).
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Re: [Discuss] Introducing "phpBB Ideas"!

Post by Meis2M »

it seems the idea come here:
ideas/
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
Ger

Post by Ger »

You think, Sherlock?
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Been 15 days. When will this "ideas" area come back online?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It has been much longer than 15 days, viewtopic.php?p=14389711#p14389711
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image

Return to “phpBB Discussion”