I am about to create a new discussion board on a seo,sem and affiliate marketing topic. So, which software do i need to choose Phpbb, mybb or vBulletin, where Phpbb and Mybb are free to install but the problem is spammers !!! Which one should i choose
There is no question what I would do if I were in your shoes and that's to install phpBB, because I know the difference between phpBB and IP.Board.
Also there is no need to be worry about spammers and here is two great tools to deal with spammers.
Advanced Block MOD
Anti Spam ACP
So if you like how IP.Board works and looks then forget it, because it's expensive and still have bugs that really needs to get fixed first before I would recommend anyone to use it. You can also forget about vBulletin too and the reason for being buggy is not the case no it isn't, because vBulletin even costs more than IP.Board does.
If I were you and like how IP.Board looks then I would probably go for MyBB, but on other hand do you know what features you miss if you don't use phpBB.
Well there are plenty of features that phpBB has, which IP.Board doesn't have and most features that's missing is listed below.
- post icon
- changing post author (usually only admins and moderators)
- save draft of a thread
- edit post history
- everything you use is free of charge (MODs, AntiSpam, styles etc)
- cannot use post icon
- cannot change post author (you can change the user in the download section)
- doesn't have edit post history
- doesn't have save draft for a thread (using the auto-restoring its content for a post)
- everything you use is not free of charge (mods, styles/themes, antispam tools costs money)
I could be wrong about the difference between phpBB, IP.Board and if I were wrong then let me know about it okay.
I don't know much about MyBB in general and that's something for you to discover if you decided to use it.