Phpbb,Mybb or vBulletin

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
sanusense
Name: sanu francis dutta

Phpbb,Mybb or vBulletin

Post by sanusense »

Hello,
I am about to create a new discussion board on a seo,sem and affiliate marketing topic. So, which software do i need to choose Phpbb, mybb or vBulletin, where Phpbb and Mybb are free to install but the problem is spammers !!! Which one should i choose :ugeek:

tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Re: Phpbb,Mybb or vBulletin

Post by tbackoff »

sanusense wrote:Which one should i choose
You're on the official support board for phpBB - you don't think we will be a little biased? Honestly, go with the one that best suites your needs. As for spammers in phpBB, read this topic.
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and the type of board software is not going to make much difference as far as spam goes.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

sanusense wrote:Hello,
I am about to create a new discussion board on a seo,sem and affiliate marketing topic. So, which software do i need to choose Phpbb, mybb or vBulletin, where Phpbb and Mybb are free to install but the problem is spammers !!! Which one should i choose :ugeek:
There is no question what I would do if I were in your shoes and that's to install phpBB, because I know the difference between phpBB and IP.Board.

Also there is no need to be worry about spammers and here is two great tools to deal with spammers.

Advanced Block MOD (highly recommended)
Anti Spam ACP (highly recommended)

So if you like how IP.Board works and looks then forget it, because it's expensive and still have bugs that really needs to get fixed first before I would recommend anyone to use it. You can also forget about vBulletin too and the reason for being buggy is not the case no it isn't, because vBulletin even costs more than IP.Board does.

If I were you and like how IP.Board looks then I would probably go for MyBB, but on other hand do you know what features you miss if you don't use phpBB.

Well there are plenty of features that phpBB has, which IP.Board doesn't have and most features that's missing is listed below.

phpBB
  • post icon
  • changing post author (usually only admins and moderators)
  • save draft of a thread
  • edit post history
  • everything you use is free of charge (MODs, AntiSpam, styles etc)
IP.Board
  • cannot use post icon
  • cannot change post author (you can change the user in the download section)
  • doesn't have edit post history
  • doesn't have save draft for a thread (using the auto-restoring its content for a post)
  • everything you use is not free of charge (mods, styles/themes, antispam tools costs money)
I could be wrong about the difference between phpBB, IP.Board and if I were wrong then let me know about it okay.

I don't know much about MyBB in general and that's something for you to discover if you decided to use it. :)
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!

Gary Mack
Name: Gary Mack

Post by Gary Mack »

t_backoff wrote:
You're on the official support board for phpBB - you don't think we will be a little biased? Honestly, go with the one that best suites your needs. As for spammers in phpBB, read this topic.

Hello Moderator,

As i asked in another post, i want to know the installation process of phpbb forum. I have a website named www.tkhts.com which is a learning tutorial website and i currently using Google Group as discussion board. But i want to use my own discussion board that's why i am willing to use phpbb, if you can help me then please do so as soon as possible.

Also give me complete instruction process to install and use the forum.

Techknow Heights

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Gary Mack wrote:
t_backoff wrote:

Hello Moderator,

As i asked in another post, i want to know the installation process of phpbb forum. I have a website named www.tkhts.com which is a learning tutorial website and i currently using Google Group as discussion board. But i want to use my own discussion board that's why i am willing to use phpbb, if you can help me then please do so as soon as possible.

Also give me complete instruction process to install and use the forum.
It's in the documentation
https://www.phpbb.com/support/documenta ... lation.php
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”