phpBB Facebook page feedback

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Big Mac
Name: David Shepheard

phpBB Facebook page feedback

Post by Big Mac » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 pm

I couldn't see a topic for feedback for the Facebook page for phpBB, so I apologise if I've created a duplicate topic. (Please merge this if needed.)

I was pleased to see you had a Facebook page, so that I could go over and do the "Like" thing, but I was a bit disappointed with the page itself. :cry:

Instead of a "Profile Picture", there is a bland image with a flag on it (probably the Facebook default). Please would someone from the phpBB Facebook Team get one of the phpBB logos (or something like a picture of Bertie) and upload it to the correct place.

The other thing that is really missing from the page is the Cover picture. You just do not have one. One of the members of your phpBB Facebook Team needs to go to the top of the page and they will then see the "Change Cover" button at the bottom-right corner of where the image needs to go. There are some really awesome pictures on the top of the various parts of the phpBB website, and it would be good if one of these images (or a similar image) could go onto the Facebook group and tie in with that element of the branding.

It would also be nice if the phpBB Facebook page could contain some useful information (like links to the threads here that announce new releases of phpBB). That way, "Liking" phpBB would actually be helpful to phpBB fans, as well as a sign of support. (Obviously you can't post everything over there, but the major stuff would be good to see.)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Re: phpBB Facebook page feedback

Post by Marshalrusty » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:38 am

We had both. I'm not sure what happened to them :shock:

EDIT: I've added both now.

What we really need is someone to handle "PR" for the project.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

Big Mac
Name: David Shepheard

Re: phpBB Facebook page feedback

Post by Big Mac » Sun May 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Marshalrusty wrote:We had both. I'm not sure what happened to them :shock:
I've seen a number of other Facebook pages where the profile pictures have vanished. I'm now sure why this has happened, but everyone else I've contacted also said they had them before.
Marshalrusty wrote:EDIT: I've added both now.

What we really need is someone to handle "PR" for the project.
Sounds logical. They would mostly be telling people not to ask for help on Facebook and pointing them at the appropriate place to ask for help over here! :P

You kind of need a team really, so that they can cover stuff like Google+ and Twitter and anything else out there.

Is there not a phpBB-to-Facebook mod that would allow you to syndicate stuff from news topics here over to your Facebook page? Something like that might make the PR stuff easier. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Return to “phpBB Discussion”