How Much Memory Does XCache Need to Optimise phpBB?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Haravikk

How Much Memory Does XCache Need to Optimise phpBB?

Post by Haravikk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Okay, so my host has xcache installed for PHP acceleration, and its default setting is 16mb of memory for the opcode cache (I'm not using the variable cache for now).

I'm just wondering how large the opcode cache should be for a typical phpBB installation, in order to be able to cache all scripts?

I know that this is what xcache admin is for, but I don't believe my hosting provider includes it, which means I'd have to compile my own version of PHP (since I can't add extensions either, at least not easily).

So yeah, just hoping someone out there with xcache enabled can give me an idea of how much memory they think their phpBB3 installation needs for best performance? i.e - if I'm not running much else, then is 16mb adequate, is more always better, or is it overkill?

AmigoJack

Re: How Much Memory Does XCache Need to Optimise phpBB?

Post by AmigoJack » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Got XCache 3.1.0 having php#0=256 MiB, php#1=256 MiB and var#0=4 MiB for a rather huge board and everything is smooth: 462 PHP files are cached, occuping ~104 MiB in total only. Serving 2 styles only, hence the low file count.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”