Where is the "View Your Posts" link at the top?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
WWu777

Where is the "View Your Posts" link at the top?

Post by WWu777 »

The "View Your Posts" link is usually there at the top. But it's not anymore. That is a major link so it should be there.

Also why was this forum down for many hours yesterday? Upgrades and updates can be made without taking the forum down.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Where is the "View Your Posts" link at the top?

Post by KevC »

WWu777 wrote:The "View Your Posts" link is usually there at the top. But it's not anymore. That is a major link so it should be there.
It is.
It's under the quick links top left.
WWu777 wrote:Also why was this forum down for many hours yesterday? Upgrades and updates can be made without taking the forum down.
Not one as big as this. It takes a long time to update a board of this size. It's now running 3.1, as the announcement stated.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

nextgen
Jr. Style Validator
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

4028887499.png
4028887499.png (9.53 KiB) Viewed 949 times
WWu777 wrote:Also why was this forum down for many hours yesterday? Upgrades and updates can be made without taking the forum down.
Yesterday there was a complete upgrade in the phpBB version and could not be online, many improvements were made.
Last edited by nextgen on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
メルビン・ガルシア • phpBB Development StylesphpBB Argentina - Soporte en español 🇦🇷

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

noth

Post by noth »

as well as that, there was a very nice notice explaining why the forum was down and what was happening

3.1 is looking good !! modernising phpBB :mrgreen:

wow I just got a notification WHOOOBOY this is great!!
haha telling me another thread replied to, yay!!
haha telling me another thread replied to, yay!!
Capture.JPG (71.26 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

I don't see any improvements. You guys are operating on the fallacy that "new" is ALWAYS better. It is not.

For one thing, the "View Your Posts" link should be at the top. Not in the Quick Links submenu. Most regular posters look for that link and go to it first thing to check responses to their posts. So that is a major important page. It should be linked directly in the overall header at the top, not in a submenu. The most important pages should be linked in the main menu as a button or link, not in a submenu.

You should all know this from common sense. So why did the developers change that? That's a change for the worse, not for the better.

WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

Moreover, when I go to the "View Your Posts" page, this thread does not appear on the list of my posts even though I started it. What happened? There appears to be a bug in the upgraded forum.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Sometimes it takes time for a topic to appear
WWu777 wrote:I don't see any improvements. You guys are operating on the fallacy that "new" is ALWAYS better. It is not.

For one thing, the "View Your Posts" link should be at the top. Not in the Quick Links submenu. Most regular posters look for that link and go to it first thing to check responses to their posts. So that is a major important page. It should be linked directly in the overall header at the top, not in a submenu. The most important pages should be linked in the main menu as a button or link, not in a submenu.

You should all know this from common sense. So why did the developers change that? That's a change for the worse, not for the better.
I agree with this. I never liked the fact that the View Your Posts link was moved into a menu. But it was done for a reason, and I don't think the devs will change this back. I may not like it either, but I'm willing to try to get used to it (and part of me really like the quick menu actually) I think there was a topic in Area 51 that argued the View Your Posts link shouldn't be in the menu...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

Another thing:

The styles demo database does not appear in the Customise menu at the top. When you open that submenu, there is supposed to be a Styles Demo, but it no longer appears.

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity »

I like the links in the menu as it de-clutters the amount of items in the header.
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

WWu777 wrote:there is supposed to be a Styles Demo, but it no longer appears.
There are no styles to demo yet.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

as many people tend to do, you are making assumptions about how "most" people use phpbb.

I have been here since the beginning of phpbb2, I have never once clicked on the "view my posts" link and did not know it was there for the longest time.

point is, just because you think it should be a certain way, does not mean everyone does.

I am guilty of this as well, so I am not picking on you or your opinions. Just remember, it is your opinion, not a fact.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

WWu777 wrote:I don't see any improvements. You guys are operating on the fallacy that "new" is ALWAYS better. It is not.
Because a responsive style, ACP improvements, notifications, extensions, and the many other changes and improvements don't count right? :roll:
WWu777 wrote:For one thing, the "View Your Posts" link should be at the top. Not in the Quick Links submenu. Most regular posters look for that link and go to it first thing to check responses to their posts. So that is a major important page. It should be linked directly in the overall header at the top, not in a submenu. The most important pages should be linked in the main menu as a button or link, not in a submenu.

There was a 31 page discussion about moving links and grouping things together prior to committing to the change. Your opinion is really in the minority.
WWu777 wrote:Another thing:

The styles demo database does not appear in the Customise menu at the top. When you open that submenu, there is supposed to be a Styles Demo, but it no longer appears.
Styles demo link is not there because it was decided we didn't need the link since it was looking crowded. To reach the Styles Demo now you have to go through the Styles link.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

Brf wrote:
WWu777 wrote:there is supposed to be a Styles Demo, but it no longer appears.
There are no styles to demo yet.
What do you mean? There are many phpbb3 styles to choose from. Why are you invalidating them? The Styles demo page is an important page for demoing other themes to choose from. I don't understand your logic.

Also, the "View Your Posts" and "View Active Topics" link on the forum index page of Prosilver is way too small and needs to be bigger, since those are key pages that are most clicked on.

I've placed big links at the top of my forum to "View Your Posts" and "View Active Topics" since those are important pages that are the most often clicked on. If anyone wants to see how I did it, here it is.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/index.php

Get real guys. Who wants to click on every board to check every new post?

WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

I don't understand something. Phpbb3 works great. The pages load fast and smooth and all the features work great. Why the need for a phpbb3.1?

When phpbb3.1 comes out, will support for phpbb3 still be provided?

Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

WWu777 wrote:I don't understand something. Phpbb3 works great. The pages load fast and smooth and all the features work great. Why the need for a phpbb3.1?

When phpbb3.1 comes out, will support for phpbb3 still be provided?
Support for 3.0 will be around for some time yet. You can update when you are ready. I'm sure that there are people who are still on phpBB 2 :)
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”