What do you like the most in phpbb 3.1?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Re: What do you like the most in phpbb 3.1?

Post by Danielx64 »

Alien_Time wrote: @Daniel64, yeah the phpbb site had been slow at times. That was probably cuz of huge traffic spike + work going on server. But in my localhost, 3.1 seems faster. Or maybe because the 3.1 is clean with no mods. :D
Well it seems that phpBB.com is much faster now, I was going to put it in the tracker but then it can be hard to work out if it me or not.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

noth

Post by noth »

Unmatched Security

Nothing is more important than keeping your data safe, and our record speaks for itself. In the past four years, there have been no reported vulnerabilities in the phpBB software. Meanwhile SMF, vBulletin, IPB, and MyBB have had an average of 10, and as many as 16. That's an average of 10 more reasons to choose phpBB. And just to make sure, we hired a professional security company to audit the entire phpBB 3.1 codebase
wow, how impressive is that??! :D
Attachments
Unmatched Security
Unmatched Security
cCapture.jpg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Swanny

Post by Swanny »

Responsive design, #1.

I'd like it more if you could attach/upload pics and have them resized to a max width/height at time of upload (decreasing original file size).

Holger

Post by Holger »

Responsive design :!:

Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

+1 Responsive design. That's essential these days as far as I'm concerned, more than half of my visitors use phones and tablets but there's no way I will allow Tapatalk near my site.

The notifications center looks good too, I haven't had a chance to install a local copy for testing yet so could someone tell me if it includes moderator notifications (posts awaiting approval)?

A few of the little 'tweaks' I've added to 3.0 are now included as standard so that will reduce the number of extensions needed.

How does 3.1 compare to 3.0.12 on CPU usage?
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Pond Life wrote:The notifications center looks good too, I haven't had a chance to install a local copy for testing yet so could someone tell me if it includes moderator notifications (posts awaiting approval)?
Yep it does
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Excellent! Thanks Jessica. :D
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”