[Discuss] Welcome Back phpBB.com

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: [Discuss] Welcome Back phpBB.com

Post by HiFiKabin »

developer11 wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:
developer11 wrote:Yuriy said that info about what has been done will be made public so if you have any nasty words, they should be to Yuriy as he does not keep his word. I mean there is nothing bad in changing mind, but he should have informed about it.
Will be is the operative phrase there. It will be made public AS AND WHEN phpBB.com SEE FIT

What would you prefer? Inaccurate, potentially misleading and information that might delay further progress, or a wait for the correct information ONCE ANY INVESTIGATION HAS FINISHED.

Oh, you want it now :roll: Well you can't. Deal with it instead of being a pain in the arse.
As of words in red - its not when and as they see fit. Such info should be available as soon as they recovered from being hacked.
Wrong yet again.
Maurice Switzer wrote:It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it
As far as this subject goes from now on I am following the first part of that quote, I fully expect you to continue to use the second.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

It's like shoveling shit against the tide.
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
developer11
I've Been Banned!

Post by developer11 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:did I miss the memo where it said that you get to decide what and when and how phpbb does things?

who died and made you king?

they did not and do not have to inform anyone about anything. just because you think something should be done a certain way means nothing. it is only your opinion and we all know what opinions are like.....

I can't believe your arrogance in thinking that your opinions of what phpbb should do matter to anyone but yourself. they don't.

robert
they do not have to inform - yes I agree, but it was Yuriy who wrote that we will be informed. So - he should do it. Unless he do not want to be trustworthy.......
Noone asked him to write this, so - if he knew he'd not want let us know, he shouldnt have wriiten this.
david63

Post by david63 »

I think that some here may be confusing activity with action
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what part of this do you not understand?

he said he would do it in due time. you may think you know when "due time" is here but I don't.
he/they get to decide when they are ready to release any info or no info etc. about anything at all.

why is this so hard for you?

ok, that is it for me. you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results....

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Learn when to stop developer11, you are not impressing anyone here but you are embarrassing yourself (although I suspect you are the only one not able to see that). Act your age, go play with the nice new toys you got for Christmas and give the adults a break.
Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
developer11
I've Been Banned!

Post by developer11 »

Pond Life wrote:Act your age, go play with the nice new toys you got for Christmas and give the adults a break.
do exactly what you wrote and find yourself another place to post your comments like the one above.....
advocatus

Post by advocatus »

lol.
Hi, I'm advocatus and I own www.forumgames.in.
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

developer11 wrote:Yuriy said that info about what has been done will be made public so if you have any nasty words, they should be to Yuriy as he does not keep his word. I mean there is nothing bad in changing mind, but he should have informed about it.
Marshalrusty wrote:In due course, we plan to post a more detailed account of what was done in a blog post.
This has, however, gone on quite long enough. Please consider your welcome on phpBB.com rescinded.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
Rhet-or-Ric

Post by Rhet-or-Ric »

Rhet-or-Ric wrote:
... ... ... truncated ... ... ...

BUT I am now wondering if there might be something us folks -- I mean us regular member types -- is there anything we might be able to do to help this phpBB entity get the resources necessary for the next time?

Maybe it is a donation just for that specific purpose? No? Well, what can we do?

... ... ... more junk removed ... ... ...

So, will a special collection of funds be of any help to you phpBB folks?
So I have properly briefed myself and now understand why this was/is such a stupid question. I guess I was repeatedly using that vocabulary "entity" in that post as a hedge because I was in unknown territory.

So as that idea is totally bogus, I would now like to ask if we are going to be allowed to ask here in this venue if the directors at PHPBB Ltd are going to reconsider priorities and thus allocate the necessary funds so that there are the necessary resources in case there is some future emergency that might require the need to send out email alerts to all the members here?

In reference to that, are we members going to be allowed to post our opinions here in this venue on the yeas or nays of the idea of those resources being allocated?

And I'll thank you in advance for your attention to this, Yuriy.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Edit the name per the kind notice from another member.
Last edited by Rhet-or-Ric on Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LavIgor

Post by LavIgor »

Rhet-or-Ric wrote:And I'll thank you in advance for your attention to this, Yurly.
Maybe this is not the appropriate topic to say that, but project manager's name is Yuriy.
I thought I should tell you about it because I've seen this mistake happening repeatedly in your posts in this thread.
Rhet-or-Ric

Post by Rhet-or-Ric »

Thank you for setting me straight on that. Guess I can put that one down to being what we call here a jiji ジジ. The eyes just aren't what they used to be.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Rhet-or-Ric wrote:In reference to that, are we members going to be allowed to post our opinions here in this venue on the yeas or nays of the idea of those resources being allocated?
Anyone can express their opinions in a proper way. How a certain individual did so in this topic could be seen as the exact opposite. This does not mean that the decisions we make are going to be presented to the community for acceptance or rejection but you're certainly allowed to voice your opinions and suggestions.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

I just had a 503 for the last 5 min or so. Is everything OK?
advocatus

Post by advocatus »

[13:38] <@DavidIQ> yes...Bertie tripped over the power cord
[13:38] <@DavidIQ> it's back

:lol:
Hi, I'm advocatus and I own www.forumgames.in.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”