Discuss: phpBB 3.0.14 and 3.1.4 Release - Please Update

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Neuropass

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.0.14 and 3.1.4 Release - Please Update

Post by Neuropass » Wed May 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Any update or a topic to follow for the STK on 3.0.14? Where are the tools that might not work so far?
https://www.phpbb.com/support/stk/
Thanks!

Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 pm

DavidIQ wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:An anncouncement would be great in the future, please.
One announcement is enough (the one this topic references). Those that installed an RC should just visit Area 51 or know where to download the updates since RCs are not meant for the general population and we rightfully expect those that installed an RC to know where to look. But perhaps some clarity on this can be made in future RC topics on Area 51.
It wasnt mentioned on area51. If they joined testing a RC for the first time, they have no way to have ever came across that hidden file-index-url.

it should be announced in the RC topic that the RC testing has ended, and provide them with the packages to move to the stable release.

New users that want to test a RC have no way to just "know" of that url that lists all phpbb packages.
We shouldnt have to hunt around for packages... Just post them. It may be inconvenient to one user to bother posting it, but it would make things much more smooth for users :mrgreen:

And sorry if i am annoying, but.. Its annoying :|
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Wed May 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Dragosvr92 wrote:It wasnt mentioned on area51. If they joined testing a RC for the first time, they have no way to have ever came across that hidden file-index-url.

it should be announced in the RC topic that the RC testing has ended, and provide them with the packages to move to the stable release.

New users that want to test a RC have no way to just "know" of that url that lists all phpbb packages.
We shouldnt have to hunt around for packages... Just post them. It may be inconvenient to one user to bother posting it, but it would make things much more smooth for users :mrgreen:

And sorry if i am annoying, but.. Its annoying :|
Earlier today the topic on Area 51 was updated, in case you didn't notice. Also new users shouldn't be using an RC to test out anything. They should be using an actual release. Period. And if you're technologically savvy enough to find an RC, install it, and support it yourself then you should be savvy enough to find the download packages pertaining to RCs. ;) In any case updating the topic on Area 51 is good enough.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

aleha
Code Contributor

Post by aleha » Wed May 06, 2015 9:22 pm

nickvergessen wrote:
aleha wrote:Thank you for that. Is there a rigorous way through git or somehow to determine it?
Maybe we should put this command in wiki or in the docs?
The official diff https://gist.github.com/nickvergessen/b ... 978d3a13c3 is generated with the git command from https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 81&t=47301

Code: Select all

git diff release-3.1.3 release-3.1.4-RC1 phpBB/language/ > language_changes_3.1.3_to_3.1.4-RC1.diff
I can't believe I forgot about it when I read the release topic on a51, especially when some of the changes were due to a PR of mine. Thank you!

Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:49 pm

DavidIQ wrote: Earlier today the topic on Area 51 was updated, in case you didn't notice. Also new users shouldn't be using an RC to test out anything. They should be using an actual release. Period. And if you're technologically savvy enough to find an RC, install it, and support it yourself then you should be savvy enough to find the download packages pertaining to RCs. ;) In any case updating the topic on Area 51 is good enough.
Yes, that is nice. But it was after it was released and only because i started moaning :P
I meant new users to area51 that havent bothered testing RCs before, not newbs that installed phpbb for the first time. The RC is always being announced and easy to find its topic. Knowing a directory with these packages exists is a bit difficult to find out.. @david63 is an old timer experienced with phpbb and still didnt knew about the final update package, as you can see a few posts back.. Yep. It is good enough :)

Again, sry for being a pain :D
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed May 06, 2015 9:54 pm

you missed the point above. new users should not be installing RC versions in the first place. even experienced users should not be installing RC versions on live boards. that is not what they are for.

new users normally would not even know that area51 exists much less know about RC versions.

new users would come here and find the final versions that are released after experienced users like you have tested out the RCs and helped the staff fix any problems and finally gone gold with it.

oh, and so far, you are the only one complaining about this and being "annoyed" by it.
;) so I guess it really isn't such a big problem.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen » Thu May 07, 2015 6:24 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:oh, and so far, you are the only one complaining about this and being "annoyed" by it.
;) so I guess it really isn't such a big problem.
it is an inconsistency on our side, which has been fixed and will be dealt different with on future releases.
Nothing we need to discuss here anymore, thanks! :geek:
No Support via PM

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Thu May 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi,

between phpBB 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 there are 106 files updated (without /docs/ & /install/ folders).

Why in the next archives there are 105 files ?
https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/?mode=u ... sion=3.1.3
https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/?mode=u ... 1.3#update

Maybe i'm in error but it seems the next file is missing : /includes/acp/acp_prune.php

Because this file has been updated with this : https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/commit/8 ... 8e5381b784
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.

Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member
Name: Joas Schilling

Post by nickvergessen » Thu May 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Uhh :/
I added a ticket to the tracker https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-13823
No Support via PM

donsenilo
Name: Markus

Mass Mail

Post by donsenilo » Fri May 08, 2015 3:01 am

Since update I can't send mass mails !

I get this error:
E-Mail-Fehler
» EMAIL/PHP/mail()
/adm/index.php

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Sun May 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi, the update went smoothly, - thank you for your good work! :)

====
BTW:

Code Changes: https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.0/
Links associated wrong --> see also in the side menu, click --> > 3.1.3 to 3.1.4

... and please control now also the browser lines:

https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.0/
One example for styles/prosilver/theme/common.css

https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.0/side-by-side/3.1.4/phpbb-styles-prosilver-theme-common.css.html
And then you have to see the correct code changes currently manually change the line to:

https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.1.3/side-by-side/3.1.4/phpbb-styles-prosilver-theme-common.css.html
The fault affects all invocable links. :cry: Is this error certainly resolved soon?

Best regards @All.

Edit: The same behavior exists currently for phpBB-3.0.14.
Currently occasionally online .. ♪ ♫ Best regards

cpapaioannou

Post by cpapaioannou » Sun May 10, 2015 5:44 pm

KevC wrote:
cpapaioannou wrote:I am running in to file check issues (now, I have customized some of the files) and am not sure of the process to take to keep my custom modifications (can't recall exactly what was changed or how)
You should start a support topic. This is for discussion of the release, not support questions about it.
My apologies. Will do. Thanks.

C

girello

Post by girello » Fri May 15, 2015 10:48 am

i have this problem on database:

Tipo di database :: mysql4
Versione precedente :: 3.1.3

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class phpbb\db\migration\data\v31x\v314 in /web/htdocs/www.photogirello.it/home/forummn/phpbb/ ... 0/v314.php on line 32

EDIT: resolved
Last edited by girello on Fri May 15, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.photolandia.net
version phpbb 3.2

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Fri May 15, 2015 10:49 am

Please start a support topic in
viewforum.php?f=466
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Taomyn

Post by Taomyn » Fri May 15, 2015 10:50 am

Hi,

I just upgraded my 3.1.3 to 3.1.4 (running under IIS8.5) using the auto-updater but I've had to remove the web.config from the update as this completely broke the installation.

As this is an IIS system file, should phpBB being messing with it? It's never included this file before as far as I can tell.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”