Suggestions for 3.2

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
optimusvault
Name: Aaron

Suggestions for 3.2

Post by optimusvault »

Hi

Am wondering where I can go to suggest new features for 3.2 or future phpBB editions?

For example one of my suggestions is to include quick edit by default on phpBB boards. As quick edit is becoming a great forum feature and some softwares already have it such as MyBB, etc. I even think the paid softwares such as Xenforo have it too.
Cheers,
Aaron
david63

Re: Suggestions for 3.2

Post by david63 »

optimusvault wrote:Am wondering where I can go to suggest new features for 3.2 or future phpBB editions?
Area51
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion »

david63 wrote:
optimusvault wrote:Am wondering where I can go to suggest new features for 3.2 or future phpBB editions?
Area51
Hi I tried to register into area 51 but i don't receive any confirm email.
I tried to resend the email more and more times but no results.
I tried to contact them but still nothing.
What's up?
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

How should we know? And how should they know? Contact them and preferably link to your profile here so you can ask them to send you a PM since e-mails to you seem to get dropped.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
5hocK

Post by 5hocK »

AmigoJack wrote:And how should they know?
The OP might not be the first person to have this problem and so they might already know.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

5hocK wrote:The OP might not be the first person
That still doesn't answer the "how". I wanted to say that chances are near zero that one of them will read this very topic at all, that's why trackers and contacts exist.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
5hocK

Post by 5hocK »

AmigoJack wrote:I wanted to say that chances are near zero that one of them will read this very topic at all
How would we (or the OP) know that?
You have to hang around these forums for quite a while to realise there's a tracker (and what it's for)
Using an email based contact form at area51 to let them know there might be a problem with email is a little askew to say the least.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

5hocK wrote:You have to hang around these forums for quite a while to realise there's a tracker (and what it's for)
...or you learn that in general, as for programs you also wouldn't ask other users to fix something but instead look for how to report bugs. Or learn from boards that to gain moderator's attention you should create reports, instead of just adding replies. I even see it the other way around: if there is not a tracker then the item of interest is not worth my time to report an inconsistency mostly.
5hocK wrote:an email based contact form
Didn't knew the contact form is that naive - it doesn't even send out XMPP messages or makes use of PMing a group. I created PHPBB3-14210 for this low effort approach. However, it might still help, as the problem might be the user's e-mail provider, and not the board's e-mail provider - in that case the e-mail sent by the contact page has other chances to be delivered.
peopleopinion

Post by peopleopinion »

AmigoJack wrote:
5hocK wrote:
:arrow: About what said after my previous post, please read viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2315021&p=14217621#p14217621

Thanks
Please explicate why you voted negative or positive, so it will be possible to better understand each one's point of view.
Please visit and vote my website and express freely your opinion on it (phpbb ver.: 3.0.12):
http://peopleopinion.altervista.org
Thanks. Best Regards, peopleopinion.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”