[Discuss] phpBB 3.1.6 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: [Discuss] phpBB 3.1.6 Release

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:37 am

3 fora, 10 min tops, no errors.

Excellent as always

gianluigi.zanettini

Post by gianluigi.zanettini » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:15 am

I just upgraded our installation at **** : the upgrade process went smooth. No problem so far, thanks!
Last edited by Noxwizard on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link

wrkalot

Post by wrkalot » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am

I'm assuming it's safe to go from 3.1.4 to 3.1.6, bypassing 3.1.5?
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316

Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 am

Yes.
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

LavIgor

Post by LavIgor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:43 am

wrkalot wrote:I'm assuming it's safe to go from 3.1.4 to 3.1.6, bypassing 3.1.5?
It is even better, because version 3.1.5 had several noticeable bugs.

MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Crizzo wrote:
MichaelC wrote:
Different parts of the release process are done by different people and they aren't always around at the same time.
Maybe you should think of a favorite sequence and a substitution plan for summer vacation time and other phases where people have no time for their steps to get the release done.

Of course it is no drama, when you release a week later, but this time it led to confusions in the user side.
Nobody was on vacation, it was just we weren't around at the same times this week, and it really doesn't make a difference (This isn't the first time a release has been done like this and it won't be the last, it's very rare packages are built and we make the announcement on the same day now). I'm not entirely sure how this is a problem? We haven't officially released a version of phpBB until it's announced on the forums. Github is for developers and download.phpbb.com (The only place until yesterday you could get the built packages) isn't designed for your to crawl, it's just an alternative mirror where we keep a historic archive of all phpBB packages.
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free

k0nsl
Name: Eduard Drehner

Post by k0nsl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Good job, phpBB team! :)

-k0nsl
I'm a programmer, server administrator, designer, spokesman and factotum of a wide-variety of web pages.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:30 pm

yeah, I don't like the way you give me my free updates to my free software, created by people that do all the work for free so I can use the best bulletin board software for free with all free support etc. etc. etc.

I think the team members should all contact me for instructions on how this all should be run. remember, you can only contact me between the hours of 15 and 1 on the second tuesday of botember so please adjust your schedules appropriately.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

NorthWoodMediaWorks

Post by NorthWoodMediaWorks » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:yeah, I don't like the way you give me my free updates to my free software, created by people that do all the work for free so I can use the best bulletin board software for free with all free support etc. etc. etc.

I think the team members should all contact me for instructions on how this all should be run. remember, you can only contact me between the hours of 15 and 1 on the second tuesday of botember so please adjust your schedules appropriately.

robert
:lol:

Loads of thanks to everyone for their hard work . Its appreciated here for sure. 8-)
Robin
The Forest Forum
Northwood Mediaworks
North Eastern Ontario, Canada 8-)

alexindie

Post by alexindie » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:37 pm

Please, Do you have any guide about what did with style based in prosilver 3.1.5 (or older) after upgrade?

What is the usual steps to do?

Thank you,

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:05 pm

alexindie wrote:Please, Do you have any guide about what did with style based in prosilver 3.1.5 (or older) after upgrade?

What is the usual steps to do?

Thank you,
There is nothing special to do - you just upload the files for the latest version - unless you have edited core code in which case you will have to re-apply your edits.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Crizzo
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 pm

MichaelC wrote:Nobody was on vacation, it was just we weren't around at the same times this week, and it really doesn't make a difference (This isn't the first time a release has been done like this and it won't be the last, it's very rare packages are built and we make the announcement on the same day now).
Like i said, no drama. ;)
I'm not entirely sure how this is a problem?
It is no problem, at least not for me.

But some people are wondering: viewtopic.php?p=14198426#p14198426 or having problems to get support with the final packages: viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2335281 Thats all i saw.
We haven't officially released a version of phpBB until it's announced on the forums. Github is for developers and download.phpbb.com (The only place until yesterday you could get the built packages) isn't designed for your to crawl, it's just an alternative mirror where we keep a historic archive of all phpBB packages.
I know how the release steps are. Nothing to blame.

I just had the impression, that you are not that happy with this kind of "delay" and made a simple suggestion, how you can handle it to avoid the delay. If you don't mind, i don't. Do what you want. ;) But if you mind, there are ways to get it released although some people have no time to make the last steps. Thats it.

Thats the only intention i had. Nothing more or less. And i really don't want to blame anyone for the date. Nevertheless everyone working on the project does a good job, to provide this free open source software.

And btw, this topic has the intention to comment the release, thats what i do. :mrgreen:
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

Lady_G

Post by Lady_G » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:42 pm

I have updated phpBB from 3.1.5 to 3.1.6 on my localhost test PC and will update my "live" board after testing is completed. The update was very smooth, I had no issues.

I'd like to pass along a helpful tip for updating the database, which is now in the bug tracker: [PHPBB3-14164] Helpful instructions for database updates - phpBB Tracker (This tip was found in the phpBB upgrade guide, but needs to be in the released documenation.)

If you have a large board, you may wish to update via the command line. From your board's root, execute the following command:

php ./bin/phpbbcli.php db:migrate --safe-mode

ForoXL

Post by ForoXL » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Perfect!
http://www.ForoXL.com - Foro dedicado a temas generales

Holger

Post by Holger » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks a lot!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”