iPhone App to post photo to forum

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
mrag

iPhone App to post photo to forum

Post by mrag »

For one phpBB forum I participate in, I can upload a photo from my pc or I can use an IMG tag if the photo is posted on-line somewhere. In either case the workflow is take photo with phone, transfer to PC, resize image, upload photo to an independent web site and use a link on forum post OR upload from my PC to forum post. Is there an iOS app that might simplify the process? I've been toying with TinyPic.com which looks good (and supposedly has an app), just curious if anyone else has researched this topic. TIA

Elias
Name: Elias

Re: iPhone App to post photo to forum

Post by Elias »

Check this:
https://tapatalk.com/

Thanks
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.

Ger
Recognised Extension Developer

Post by Ger »

The attached photo was taken and uploaded from my phone. No app needed other than the camera and the built-in photo-editor. It took me more time to write down your name than to upload the photo...

I imagine iOS should have the same tools?
Attachments
IMG_20160624_113042.jpg
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-

mrag

Post by mrag »

Here I am using the Dolphin browser to attach a photo. Your photo is fine on my pc but does not show here on Dolphin iPhone. I'm thinking phones really are for talking and not posting. Much appreciate you showing me, thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg

Ger
Recognised Extension Developer

Post by Ger »

Well, I don't know much about iPhones or iOS. But AFAIK, if you have a descent browser on your phone (I'm using the default Chrome browser on my Nexus 5; almost 3 years old) uploading and showing photo's shouldn't be too hard. I would be very surprised if you can't do the same with an iPhone.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I don't really see what the issue is, I use my iPhone all the time and upload practically anything I want to within allowed limits. If you're looking for an iOS app you would be better off asking somewhere that deals with iOS apps or you could always request an extension.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “phpBB Discussion”