Wiki - Testing phpBB software

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Lady_G

Wiki - Testing phpBB software

Post by Lady_G »

Following a discussion in Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.10 released, I have created a wiki page to describe tests that can be performed to verify software changes.

See: Manual tests - phpBB Development Wiki

The page is intended for users who understand how to configure the software, but are not developers. It is not important to understand the source code, only that the software works as intended.

These tests are to be performed after the forum has been configured (customisation, roles, permissions, etc.). Once a configuration has been established ("baseline"), software changes can be verified against this configuration.

This is a collaborative effort. Anyone with a login account to phpbb.com can edit this page.

The development wiki uses MediaWiki, which is the same software as Wikipedia. If you understand how to edit Wikipedia, you can edit the development wiki.

Otherwise, post your comments here and they can be entered into the wiki by another editor.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Wiki - Testing phpBB software

Post by david63 »

I would suggest that you remove any reference to extensions in the testing.

Firstly you should only test on a vanilla install without any extensions whatsoever and secondly it is the extension developer's responsibility to test if their extensions work with an update/upgrade.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Lady_G

Re: Wiki - Testing phpBB software

Post by Lady_G »

Thank you, I have added a section for test configuration: Manual tests

I think stating a developer responsibility should not be mentioned on this page, as it is a different discussion than testing the core software. Also, I can not find any pages which discuss extension development.

(The page revisions are here. History --> Compare selected revisions)

Return to “phpBB Discussion”