Extension db Searchs

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Edward572
Name: Edward

Extension db Searchs

Post by Edward572 »

Hello Everyone,
Before I start I would like to thank all them members that do the work, code the projects and keep this site up to date, etc, etc, Thanks People!
Now with all that being said I have noticed that the Extension db search function does not really work that well, when I choose phpbb 3.2 Ext only, I also get 3.1 extension information, I trying to see how many extensions have been upgraded, to help decide to upgrade to the new version on phpbb 3.2.

So if there are other members that want to know if their extensions are upgraded members have to manually search through all 62 Extensions. I guess you could say boo hoo, but I think everyone here is trying to get seemless upgrades from version to version.

Now maybe I not doing something correctly when searching, but that search looks like 1994 version of WebCrawler, not a Bing or Google.

Just letting you know, sharing my opinion...

Your Call...
Last edited by JimA on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from General Discussion
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Extension db Searchs

Post by Paul »

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36/3.2 gives all 3.2 extensions :) However, keep in mind that 3.2 is just released, so there aren't many extensions validated for 3.2.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
Edward572

Post by Edward572 »

Thanks for your extremely fast response, thanks!

But to me I see 62 extensions, with one that says 3.2 the rest show 3.1.x, now are the other 61 are upgraded and it just still shows 3.1.x.

To me if there is one upgraded, the only one that should be is the one that's 3.2, not all the versions of 3.1.x because I don't care about them if I'm searching for 3.2.0.

So my question is is the search correct and all 62 ext that I see are updated and labeled incorrectly?

Or there is only one upgraded to 3.2.0 and the search shows the old 3.1.x with the 3.2.0 search?

I clicked on your link and that's what I see, anyone else have the same result, or is this my old device, I will try the search with a Windows 10 fully upgraded computer and see if I get the same result and report back.

Anyone else here get this search result?

Or is this my device, safari iPad One, ya still have a working iPad one, lol... I'll try my PC...
david63

Post by david63 »

Remember that most 3.1 extensions will still work with 3.2
Edward572

Post by Edward572 »

Ok, but for a new user they will not know that, and are we sure, or does it screw up the board, or have adverse effects.

Vague, upgraded versions should be labeled tested on v3.2.0 so members don't have to assume that the old version works.

We all should know what they say about, "assuming things"

Thanks...

Sry I'm picky about details...
david63

Post by david63 »

And as Paul says 3.2 has not been out for a week yet - these things take time, both for extension developers and for those involved in testing/approving them.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Edward572

Post by Edward572 »

AGREED!

Ok, I will wait until the ext testing catches up with the new phpbb v3.2.0, once upgraded please sort out version information, so the new users and the rest of us "TUPID" people know what to use and what not to use.

Not calling anyone stupid, just me, lol!

I will wait until till its organized and clear on what's WHAT.
Thanks again to everyone involved on work with this amazing free product.
Cheers,
People
Cheers All, Have A Good One
StormerSoft.Com

Bacon is the greatest food, but someone said no, "Chocolate"
Forum StormerSoft.Com
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Paul wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 pm
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36/3.2 gives all 3.2 extensions :) However, keep in mind that 3.2 is just released, so there aren't many extensions validated for 3.2.
This URL seems to list extensions which are not tagged with a 3.2 version number. I've highlighted one example in the attached screenshot. Maybe they are in the queue with 3.2 revisions?
Attachments
v32_exts.png
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Paul wrote:
This URL seems to list extensions which are not tagged with a 3.2 version number. I've highlighted one example in the attached screenshot. Maybe they are in the queue with 3.2 revisions?
Yes currently Precise Similar Topics does have a 3.2 version in queue waiting for validation.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Paul
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:48 pm
Paul wrote:
Yeah, it is a bug in titania. It is being worked on.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
Edward572

Post by Edward572 »

Thanks Ladies & Gentlemen,

Impressed with the fixing of these details!

Thanks Allot for everyone's hard work!!!

Cheers,
Ed
Cheers All, Have A Good One
StormerSoft.Com

Bacon is the greatest food, but someone said no, "Chocolate"
Forum StormerSoft.Com

Return to “phpBB Discussion”