How can I get last visited/join date info from members list?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
orthogs

How can I get last visited/join date info from members list?

Post by orthogs »

Hi there, I'm new to phpBB. I'm part of a forum and would like suggestions as to how I can search members by join date and last visited date. I'm attempting to determine the average time between join date and last visited. Are there any straightforward ways to do this? It's also important to note that I'm not an administrator.

Thanks.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: How can I get last visited/join date info from members list?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

even an administrator can't really do that.

as far as I can think of there is no way built in to phpbb to get that type of analysis of the data.

you would need access to the database and have to be able to run a query on the database of some kind.

rob ert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
david63

Post by david63 »

I cannot see what possible useful data you could get from that analysis - unless you mean "first" visited date (which is not stored anywhere).

If a member joined 10 years ago and last visited yesterday means nothing - they could have visited 5,000 times, 100 times or it could be their first visit. Similarly a user who joined yesterday could have had their last visit yesterday and visited 20 times that day
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
orthogs

Post by orthogs »

The aggregate number of visits is irrelevant. The forum in question is one regarding a particular chronic health condition and I'm attempting to create an estimate of 'recovery rate' as well as 'duration of illness' based on this data.
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

Go to Members page (./memberlist.php), click on Find a member, you can see the fields Joined and Last active.
orthogs

Post by orthogs »

Thanks. What would be the best way to automate the process?
orthogs

Post by orthogs »

I don't seem to see the field 'last active'...
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

orthogs wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:47 pm I don't seem to see the field 'last active'...
That would be something that's only available for admins/moderators that have the ability to see hidden users. If you're not one of those and don't have that permission, the field disappears. ;)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”