Why is prosilver still default theme?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
schaakspeler

Why is prosilver still default theme?

Post by schaakspeler »

Let's be honest here: prosilver sucks. Its design dates back over 10 years and it's not appealing at all.
david63

Re: Why is prosilver still default theme?

Post by david63 »

To answer the question - because nobody has created another one yet.

There is plenty of discussion about the "new" style which is being planned over on area51 and I am sure the developers would more than welcome your contribution as you apparently have some views on how/where the style should be going in the future.

I am not sure if you are aware of the number of man hours required to create a new style for phpBB - but it is colossal so any help would be more than welcome.
Last edited by david63 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
noth

Post by noth »

another thing about prosilver is that it is a Foundation for many other styles which could be called "appealing"

Many 3.2 styles on offer - depend on prosilver for inheritance.

You wouldn't know it half the time looking at the alternative style but that alternative style wouldn't function without prosilver being at the top.

there are over 20 styles, probably more in the Styles database that 3.2 Admins can Install, a lot of them look entirely different to prosilver
schaakspeler

Post by schaakspeler »

In my opinion proflat is one of the best styles available. it would probably need some tweaking, but I think it's a great foundation: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... t/demo/3.2
Ger

Post by Ger »

Proflat inherits from prosilver as well... ;)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
Kuznec

Post by Kuznec »

schaakspeler wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:09 am Let's be honest here: prosilver sucks. Its design dates back over 10 years and it's not appealing at all.
Ten years ago he looked normal, but now the users of the Internet are simply spoiled.
kustajuspin
Name: Sayyid

Post by kustajuspin »

Now,it isn't time to make a new style,only users reputation grow up,the forum will be wonderful naturally.
😄 Hello.
Welcome to my forum.
Your wonderful memories here.
https://simtown.top/forum

Return to “phpBB Discussion”