Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Post Reply
User avatar
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: Munich, Germany
Name: Marc
Contact:

Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by Marc » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Please discuss the announcement here.

As a reminder, please do not post support requests here but use the Support Forum.
Quickedit for phpBB 3.1
I'm available for custom work - just send me a PM for a quote.

User avatar
3Di
Registered User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milano - Frankfurt
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by 3Di » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 am

Thanks for everything. :)

Aside of all of the good news about 3.1.11 the fact that this would be the last release it's the number one.
Please note that this is the last maintenance release for phpBB 3.1 as it has now reached end of maintenance (EOM). It will continue to receive security updates until December 2017.
Best regards.
Want to compensate me for my interest? You can.
You can pm me only in case of request for paid job. Thx.
MOD conversions, Extensions and Scripts for phpBB.

User avatar
Froddelaar
Registered User
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 am
Location: Aalst (Belgium)
Name: Andy Dm
Contact:

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by Froddelaar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

3Di wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:35 am
Thanks for everything. :)

Aside of all of the good news about 3.1.11 the fact that this would be the last release it's the number one.
Please note that this is the last maintenance release for phpBB 3.1 as it has now reached end of maintenance (EOM). It will continue to receive security updates until December 2017.
Best regards.
I thought there was also 3.1.12 ?
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestone/21
I'm A Stupid F*ck.. And Proud Of it!
Download +32.000 arcade extension games @ ~ https://www.froddelpower.be ~

Dutch Extension Translations @ https://github.com/Solidjeuh
Donations are always welcome @ https://www.froddelpower.be/donation

User avatar
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Christian
Contact:

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by Crizzo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Froddelaar wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm
I thought there was also 3.1.12 ?
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/milestone/21
But only with security patches, not with new features or things like that. If no security patch is needed, maybe it won't be released at all.
My extensions for phpBB: crizzo.de
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de

FourierTransformer
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by FourierTransformer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Is there any further information on the XSS issue? I'd like to figure out if my 3.1.10 board is affected and, if so, an isolated fix is possible.

User avatar
Ger
Registered User
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: 192.168.1.100
Contact:

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by Ger » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 am

FourierTransformer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm
Is there any further information on the XSS issue? I'd like to figure out if my 3.1.10 board is affected and, if so, an isolated fix is possible.
Why don't you just update to 3.1.11?

koraldon
Registered User
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by koraldon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 am

Thanks for a great 3.1 version of phpbb :ugeek:
I hope that the 3.1 forums and extension/style DB will remain open for a long time.

FourierTransformer
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.1.11 released

Post by FourierTransformer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 am

Ger wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 am
FourierTransformer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm
Is there any further information on the XSS issue? I'd like to figure out if my 3.1.10 board is affected and, if so, an isolated fix is possible.
Why don't you just update to 3.1.11?
Mainly because the German language packs are not available yet and because it might break compatibility with third-party styles. I will upgrade to 3.2.1 eventually, but I am wondering if 3.1.11 is important enough to edge it in.

Are the security issues public documented anywhere, now that the fix is out?

Post Reply

Return to “phpBB Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 43 guests