Discuss: phpBB 3.2.1 released

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.2.1 released

Post by canonknipser »

WelshPaul wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 pm Many extensions that once worked with 3.1 no longer work with 3.2!
You are suddenly talking about a mayor release upgrade (3.1 -> 3.2), not an update in the same mayor release (3.2.0 -> 3.2.1). It is well known that there are a few differences between 3.1 and 3.2 extension system.
WelshPaul wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 pm That doesn't mean they were buggy or poorly coded
That's right, they were coded to work with 3.1.x, not 3.2.x.

During the update from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 you don't touch the extensions folder, that's what I said. So there is no need to re-do your changes you already made to have our 3.1.x-extensions working with 3.2.0
If you found a way to make 3.1 extension work with 3.2, it would be a nice gesture to share the changes with the author or the community
WelshPaul wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:06 pm There are validated 3.1 extensions listed in this forum: viewforum.php?f=536 that worked with earlier releases of 3.1.x but no longer work with later releases of 3.1.
Did you give any hints to the extension developers or the extension team, which extension do not work anymore?
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
david63

Post by david63 »

All of the issues around extensions not working with updates/upgrades to phpBB were there with MODs and in many cases were more difficult to isolate. At least with extensions all the files are in one place.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
jeffboulton

Post by jeffboulton »

Hello,

It's been over a month since the release of 3.2.1. Why isn't there an Automatic Updates version of the install package? "Update packages are not currently available."

Thanks.

Jeff
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

jeffboulton wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:56 pmWhy isn't there an Automatic Updates version of the install package?
There's an error in the auto update package and it isn't likely to be fixed until the 3.2.2 release. Unless you've been editing the core code (which isn't recommended these days) there's no reason to use the auto update package, just follow Knowledge Base - Updating 3.2.x.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
newsmedia
Name: Keith

Post by newsmedia »

JimA wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 pm
Turaiel wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 pm Any idea when the auto upgrade package from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 will become available? Right now I only have the option to upgrade from 3.1.11 at maximum, and I'd like to upgrade as soon as possible.

Thanks!
iggyvolz wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 pm Is there any reason why there isn't an automatic upgrade package listed from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1?
vBBANKs wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 pm I just saw on my forum back end an update and i see it says

Go to the phpBB.com downloads page and download the "Automatic Update Package" archive.

but when i go there, there is nothing for updating from 3.2 so do i have to do that manual update instead?
Thanks for your messages guys, this was done by mistake.
We've now added the new Automatic Update packages to our Downloads page. :)
Despite this post there is No Automatic Update Package for 3.2.0.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

newsmedia wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:38 am Despite this post there is No Automatic Update Package for 3.2.0.
This is mentioned and addressed starting on page 3.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

I don't know if anyone have notice a minor grammer in the ACP and what I mean is this.

On the quick tab in the ACP at the bottom there you see "Administrators Logged Actions" or similar.

Should an admin edit one forum or several forums for a group then this will be displayed.

"Added or edited groups’ forum access from Your first forum"

Shouldn't the "from" word be "for", maybe the "for the" phrase can be used, otherwise it doesn't make sense at least not to me.
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!
david63

Post by david63 »

Ancient Viking wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm I don't know if anyone have notice a minor grammer in the ACP and what I mean is this.

On the quick tab in the ACP at the bottom there you see "Administrators Logged Actions" or similar.

Should an admin edit one forum or several forums for a group then this will be displayed.

Shouldn't the "from" word be "for", maybe the "for the" phrase can be used, otherwise it doesn't make sense at least not to me.
If you believe that to be incorrect then you should post it in the Bug Tracker where it will stand a chance of being dealt with by the developers
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

david63 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:44 pm
Ancient Viking wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 pm I don't know if anyone have notice a minor grammer in the ACP and what I mean is this.

If you believe that to be incorrect then you should post it in the Bug Tracker where it will stand a chance of being dealt with by the developers
I do believe it is incorrect, especially for a Swedish translator. Because it sounds weird when translated the English word "from" into the Swedish word "ifrån" and here can you see it forself. Which also show why the English word "for", translated to "för" in Swedish, should replace the word "from".

Added it to the bug tracker - https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-15438
My local forum: egetforum.nu - Offline Forum Online!

Return to “phpBB Discussion”