phpbb alphabetizing incorrectly

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
GermanStar

phpbb alphabetizing incorrectly

Post by GermanStar »

This is so strange. Is there a cure for this peculiar issue? I've seen other oddities in regard to how the forum software handles quotes and other symbols, but this is ridiculous. v3.0.11
Attachments
wth.jpg
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: phpbb alphabetizing incorrectly

Post by KevC »

Support for 3.0.x ended 8 months ago.

I don't remember anyone else ever mentioning or noticing it before. Try editing the post by changing a letter, submitting, and then putting it back again in case it just needs to be reparsed.

Apart from that we can only help you with upgrading to 3.2.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Re: phpbb alphabetizing incorrectly

Post by AmigoJack »

GermanStar wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:55 pmso strange
If you strip spaces then the sorting makes sense. phpBB itself doesn't sort, but relies on how the DBMS does, where collations to the tables apply.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “phpBB Discussion”