Is there a Style / Extension combo that'll allow users to choose their own key forum theme colours?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
DrewCraven

Is there a Style / Extension combo that'll allow users to choose their own key forum theme colours?

Post by DrewCraven »

I've been running a forum for a private community for many years now, and the biggest frustration I always have is that people tend to want to have a selection of styles available to pick from. That's fine except that there is also some functionality I always need to tweak through extensions or manual edits to the forum code, and often that means editing code for every single style we have installed. And then, when an update is available for the software, that also involves making changes to templates for all the styles.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of an extension that would add options to each user's control panel, so they can pick the primary forum style colours they want to use. I'm picturing it working with one of the default styles (e.g. prosilver), and just replacing that style's default colours with those chosen by the user. Or perhaps someone else has developed a custom style that works in conjunction with an extension like this?
Anișor
Translator

Re: Is there a Style / Extension combo that'll allow users to choose their own key forum theme colours?

Post by Anișor »

So you want to give users the possibility to choose their colors of the style?
You need a jquery or java with cookies for that is not that hard you will find lots of tutorials on google.
Formerly known as Neculai Anisor
Discord: Criminus#1996
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Is there a Style / Extension combo that'll allow users to choose their own key forum theme colours?

Post by canonknipser »

Create a child style of prosilver or whatever your default style should be, make your custom adjustments, and create color variant childs of YOUR style, so the structure will look like this:
  • prosilver (inactive)
    • yourstyle
      • yourstyle blue
      • yourstyle pink
      • yourstyle red
      • yourstyle yellow
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB

Return to “phpBB Discussion”