Are These Features Available In phpBB?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
Felasco

Are These Features Available In phpBB?

Post by Felasco »

Greetings all,

I'm hoping to learn whether phpBB has the following features. Thanks for your input.

1) I want to set up a forum where all incoming posts are reviewed and approved before being published. I imagine something like a que listing all pending post submissions, and a mod would click publish or delete for each submission. Is this possible?

2) Can an email be sent to a mod to notify them of a pending submission in need of review?

3) Can I make a member the mod of a particular room (ie. collection of threads) thus giving them the power to approve/deny all incoming post submissions for that room? Each room would have a different mod.

Thanks for informing me on these features, or lack thereof, much appreciated.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: Are These Features Available In phpBB?

Post by Kailey »

Felasco wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 pm 1) I want to set up a forum where all incoming posts are reviewed and approved before being published. I imagine something like a que listing all pending post submissions, and a mod would click publish or delete for each submission. Is this possible?
Yes, by setting the Can post without approval forum permission to "No".
Felasco wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 pm 2) Can an email be sent to a mod to notify them of a pending submission in need of review?
Yes, but each individual moderator would need to setup the notification for themselves.
Felasco wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 pm 3) Can I make a member the mod of a particular room (ie. collection of threads) thus giving them the power to approve/deny all incoming post submissions for that room? Each room would have a different mod.
Yes, you can assign individual people as moderators of a forum.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

The 3.2 User Guide should help as well. There are no threads with phpBB, they’re topics and I presume by room you mean forum?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

kinerity wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 am
Felasco wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 pm 2) Can an email be sent to a mod to notify them of a pending submission in need of review?
Yes, but each individual moderator would need to setup the notification for themselves.
There is an extension that will automatically notify moderators of posts needing approval.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Felasco

Post by Felasco »

Thanks much guys. I suspected a platform as mature as phpBB could perform these functions, but because they are mission critical to our project I wanted to double check.

Thanks for your replies, and for phpBB.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”