Can phpBB be used as product articles?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Ger

Re: Can phpBB be used as product articles?

Post by Ger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 am

AmigoJack wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 am
It's not that we want to penalize you - it's just that you finally encounter people knowing their words.
And more important: we want to make sure we understand each other. If you ask for instance if your garage can paint your car purple and instead they paint it violet because they think that's what you wanted, you probably won't be very happy.

So, to make things clear:
This is the board
This is the category "Non support specific"
The forum is phpBB Discussion
With the topic "Can phpBB be uses as product articles?"
With your post being the first, along with 14 other posts

In my first post in this topic I told you that your approach would probably result in a slow board. However, if you don't need a forum for each article but say, just a topic for each article and say a couple of hundred forums at max, you probably won't run into technical issues.

Is that what you want? If not, can you explain (using terms described above) how you want it to be?
Checkout my extensions: Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Modbreak, Magic OGP links and Live topic update

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

Slippinin

Post by Slippinin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 am

Come on. I posted the definition, it says nothing about the view of the thread. I didn't mention it the first time because I thought for most it would be obvious. Your version of the nest view is quotes, still the same thing, and nest isn't necessary to make it a thread anyway as I've already said. I don't care do what you want. The label 'topic' applies to every level of the forum, the forum topic, any forum sub topics (categories), the board topic and the thread topic. It isn't rocket science, but if you want to be right so be it.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:35 am

In my world the terms "title", "name", "description" and "subject" are distinguishable from each other.

Maybe you don't even mean "article" (loose objective text) in the first place, but instead a "review" (pros and cons) or "spec sheet" (attributes and their values and units) or "comment" (loose subjective text) for your products.
Slippinin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm
Sorry about all the questions, just want to get as much info as possible
Yet you refuse some.

As others said: using one topic per product should be enough, unless it's a product like a mobile/cellphone which can bring up questions/comments/replies about very different things, like how to playback music, how to export address book, how to watch YouTube videos in other countries... which would go lost in only one topic for the product.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████

Ger

Post by Ger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:52 am

Slippinin wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 am
It isn't rocket science, but if you want to be right so be it.
Indeed, it's not. I've summed it up in a short list. Than I asked you, with those definitions, if it can work for you. If you don't want to read or try to understand it, than please ask your questions somewhere else.

You might not see it, but we're trying to help you here.
Checkout my extensions: Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Modbreak, Magic OGP links and Live topic update

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

Return to “phpBB Discussion”