How to get support on locked / abandoned extensions?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
pkbarbiedoll

How to get support on locked / abandoned extensions?

Post by pkbarbiedoll »

I am using the WYSIWYG bbcode editor (based on SCEditor). It works perfectly and I wish it would be included in the base package by default, but that is a topic for a different forum.

The extension page for this was recently locked:
viewtopic.php?f=501&t=2322921&start=420

I need support in adding a bbcode, but now that the thread is locked I can't reply to the group of users who would most likely be able to assist.

Where should we post support or help topics for "abandoned" extensions? I really wish there was a way to keep those discussions open. That one in particular was only recently locked. I understand wanting to 'freeze' until maybe someone else picks it up again, but locking the entire thread hurts more people than it helps.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: How to get support on locked / abandoned extensions?

Post by HiFiKabin »

You have to ask yourself why it has been abandoned. Has the author 'given up' on it? Has he not been active and has therefore given up by default?

Either way, the person with the best knowledge of the code is no longer giving support, and therefore the topic is locked.

Extension support is the responsibility of the author, and only the author. No author = no support.

The only place her that my be able to help is Custom Coding where I have moved your other topic to.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

You can try this extension viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126
pkbarbiedoll

Post by pkbarbiedoll »

koraldon wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 pm You can try this extension viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126
Excellent, thanks.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”