Paid Subscriptions and Advertising Mods

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Ideas Centre
bray0620

Paid Subscriptions and Advertising Mods

Post by bray0620 »

I have searched this phpbb website for information pertaining to anyone who has written a mod which allows a board owner to charge a subscription fee. I have been directed to several pages which are anywhere from 5 to 8 years old. I can't for the life of me find anything current as in "2017".

What I am looking for is a mod that allows me to charge a fee to view certain forums on my board. This would be something like VBulliten's system I guess. Permissions and member levels etc.

Advertising mod would allow a subscribed member to "advertise a good or service" using a per click or time based system. For example, a board admin could set up different scenarios like 7 days for X $.

Do we have anything like this in a current mod? If so, can someone please point me in the right direction. I would be very interested to know if anybody else would be interested in such mod's.

Thanks for your consideration.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Paid Subscriptions and Advertising Mods

Post by Mick »

There are no mods in phpBB 3.2, extensions are used instead. I suggest (if you haven’t already) having a search of the extensions forums and if you don’t find anything useful make an extension request.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Not exactly an "one stop" solution, but you could use the PayPal Donation extension and once you verify payment you can add them to a group with permissions to utilize those forums.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
wrkalot

Post by wrkalot »

This is the closest I could find https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

It's not perfect but it does have auto group. There is now way to auto expire so you have to do that manually.
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316

Return to “phpBB Discussion”