What should my "max user connections" for MYSQL database be set at?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Anti-Spam Guide
sakm
Name: Stu

Re: What should my "max user connections" for MYSQL database be set at?

Post by sakm » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:19 pm

WWu777 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:04 am
During peak hours I get about 80 to 100 visitors in the forum. During non-peak hours, less. Why would you lower the max connections to 100? Any reason?
Because there is no reason to have it any higher

You may struggle to get to that 100 max connections as someone has already mentioned you would need to have a lot of users click on a link all at the same time to reach that number

Once the user has clicked a thread the connection is made then it will die shortly after

Are you also using whm/cpanel? If so its pretty easy to make some improvements without going too deep in to it all first thing I would do its take a look at keep alive and make sure its turned on and learn what the settings for it do then find the best setup for your server

WelshPaul

Re: What should my "max user connections" for MYSQL database be set at?

Post by WelshPaul » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:03 am

WWu777 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 am
Just to be safe I had my webhost lower the max connections to 300. What's the difference between max connections and max user connections? I thought they were the same thing. And I thought one user or guest = one user connection? This is confusing.
Max connections = the total amount of connections allowed.
Max user connections = the total amount of connections per user allowed.
WWu777 wrote:
How do I set my configuration like in the code box above?
No idea.
WWu777 wrote:
What admin panel is all that on?
I manage my own VPS and my host only provide access to the hardware! There is no control panel on my VPS, all done via terminal.
That configuration is the contents of my my.cnf file, it's located in the /etc directory on my server.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”