phpBB 3.3

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
danger89
Name: Melroy van den Berg

phpBB 3.3

Post by danger89 »

Hi guys,

I love phpBB. I used phpBB already in 2001!
There has been a lot of changes over all these years.. But somethings keep the same, like the smilies :lol:

Nevertheless, I like to setup a new forum, but I was wondering when in December you are planned to release the new phpBB 3.3? Since its way easier to start using the latest version from scratch instead of upgrading directly after setup.

Kind regards,
Melroy vd Berg
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: phpBB 3.3

Post by warmweer »

danger89 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:50 pm But somethings keep the same, like the smilies :lol:
The smilies have changed: they used to be completely round, now they are eggshaped
Nevertheless, I like to setup a new forum, but I was wondering when in December you are planned to release the new phpBB 3.3?
I doubt very much that phpBB 3.3 will be released this December, perhaps in December 2018. Who knows, there might even be a 3.2.2 long before 3.3.0
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
danger89

Post by danger89 »

I doubt very much that phpBB 3.3 will be released this December, perhaps in December 2018. Who knows, there might even be a 3.2.2 long before 3.3.0
Ow, I maybe forgot the link that points to the Release plan. Which says December 2017.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

DEV
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

danger89 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:00 pm Ow, I maybe forgot the link that points to the Release plan. Which says December 2017.
hmm?? I had completely forgotten about that.
Still, I would be very very surprised (and I'm not exactly in happy expectation of having to upgrade so quickly).

BTW, rumour goes that 3.3 will have no more topics, only "threads" just kidding! :P
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

danger89

Post by danger89 »

Mick wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:06 pmDEV
Aha! Sorry about that. Yes, it's a development version that will be released in December. Was a bit unclear, I thought 'its still in development' (which is also true).
danger89

Post by danger89 »

warmweer wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:09 pm hmm?? I had completely forgotten about that.
Still, I would be very very surprised (and I'm not exactly in happy expectation of having to upgrade so quickly).

BTW, rumour goes that 3.3 will have no more topics, only "threads" just kidding! :P
BTW it's now koudweer. You may need to change your nickname.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

danger89 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:21 pm BTW it's now koudweer. You may need to change your nickname.
No way, I'm keeping it for better times 8-)

davecotter

Post by davecotter »

Well, the Release and Updates page list 3.2 as end of maintenance next month, but nary a peep regarding the release of 3.3? Any word? DEV ?
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

davecotter wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:33 pm Well, the Release and Updates page list 3.2 as end of maintenance next month, but nary a peep regarding the release of 3.3? Any word? DEV ?
I've got great news, dude! I know exactly when it will be coming out. Are you ready?

It will be ready when its ready. :D

Be sure to mark that on your calendar so you know when to download it. If you need it sooner than "ready when its ready", you can always help out by contributing code. I'm sure the other people volunteering their free time to develop phpBB 3.3 will really appreciate it. I know I will.

DEV davecotter... it has a nice ring to it.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
davecotter

Post by davecotter »

I'm sorry to have offended you
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Heo32 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:58 pm If you need it sooner than "ready when its ready", you can always help out by contributing code. I'm sure the other people volunteering their free time to develop phpBB 3.3 will really appreciate it. I know I will.
Please refrain from implying that you are a developer. Also, not everyone on this board is a coder, so this statement is purely unfounded. Dave's inquiry as to the status of 3.3 is appropriate and there are many ways to check (for example, here) as well as the GitHub repo.

Also, please consider the rules of respectful posting. This site is aimed at a general audience and everybody here is a volunteer that's just trying to help out.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

As per Re: [Discuss] phpBB Release, Security and Support Plan from almost 3 years ago the release/support plan (isn't "schedule" more appropriate?) has proven to be worthless, as nobody can plan with it - phpBB should dump it.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

davecotter wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 pm I'm sorry to have offended you
You didn't. I gave you an answer of when it will be out.
kinerity wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 am
Please refrain from implying that you are a developer.
At which point did I state that I am a developer here? Please quote me. If you can't, please refrain from assuming or implying false statements that were never said. That is rude and disrespectful, and I take offense to that, which means you are breaking rule #1.
stevemaury wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline • Content-Security-Policy
davecotter

Post by davecotter »

You didn't. I gave you an answer of when it will be out.
Your snarky, sarcastic attitude makes it seem to any rational, clear thinking person that you were offended, and that you wished to be offensive in turn. If you weren't offended, and also didn't wish to be offensive yourself, perhaps take stock of how you APPEAR to others and reconcile that with how you actually feel inside, in order to present yourself more congruously.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”