Hello Again

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Keith W

Hello Again

Post by Keith W »

Hi All,

Well it has been a long old while since I last posted on the forum, March 2011 going by the forum stats.

There are various reasons why I have not been around, no longer running a forum myself and general life stuff being the main ones (I wont bore you with the rest)

The reason I have wondered back to these parts? Well I am in the planing stages of setting up a website which will have a forum as a part of it and I intend, of course, to use phpBB as my forum software of choice.

I am hoping things have not changed to drastically since I last played with the forum software, I am sure I will be rusty on some aspects but I know there are still some great people here willing to help and offer assistance.

Well tha'ts me for now.

All the best,

Keith
Do not PM me unless I ask you to

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.
david63

Re: Hello Again

Post by david63 »

Keith W wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:50 am I am hoping things have not changed to drastically since I last played with the forum software
Well yes and no.

Since you last used phpBB, which would appear to be version 3.0, phpBB has undergone a major upgrade to version 3.2 (via 3.1) - the most significant change being that MODs are not used anymore and have been replaced by extensions. Having said that the basic operation and board management are basically the same as they were in version 3.0
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Keith W

Re: Hello Again

Post by Keith W »

Well I have installed my forum, took me a fair few hours and I still have some more to do.

Stuff is slowly coming back to me as I potter around the admin panel, I just hope I am doing everything right, time will tell I guess :lol:

Have been noticing a few names on here from days of old, good to see you still here guys
Do not PM me unless I ask you to

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”